|Colorado State Senate, District 12|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||8 years|
|Bachelor's||Colorado State University|
|Master's||Oregon State University, 1976|
King served in the Colorado State House of Representatives from 1999 to 2008. From 2001 to 2002 he was House Assistant Majority Leader. He then served as House Majority Leader from 2003 to 2004.
King earned his B.S. in Industrial Education from Colorado State University in 1970. He went on to receive his M.S. in Vocational Education from Oregon State University in 1976.
King was a Woodshop and Construction Technology Teacher for Moreno Valley High School from 1970 to 1972. He then worked as an Industrial Mechanics Teacher for Willamette High School from 1972 to 1976. From 1976 to 1977 he was an Industrial Mechanics Teacher for Sprague High School. He also worked as Founder/Owner of Waterbed Palace from 1977 to 2002. He has been a business owner of Office/Warehouse Buildings Purchase from 1981 to the present. He has also been an Administrator for Colorado Springs Early Colleges since 2007.
King's sponsored legislation includes:
- SB 10-191 - Quality Instruction Through Educator Effectiveness 
King sponsored the Safer Schools Act of 2011 (House Bill 1121) in the 2011 session, along with Rep. Robert Ramirez. The bill places a ban on the hiring of non-classified public school employees who have been convicted of a felony.
The bill was amended to allow for employment of felons convicted of domestic violence, a first or second degree assault, and felony drug offenses under prescribed conditions.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, King served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Colorado State Senate
- Education Committee, Colorado State Senate
- Finance Committee, Colorado State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, King served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Colorado Senate
- Education Committee, Colorado Senate
- Finance Committee, Colorado Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Colorado Senate
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2012
King is not running for re-election to the Colorado State Senate in 2012.
King raised $42,810 for his campaign, while Lee raised $31,581.
|Colorado State Senate, District 12 (2008)|
|Keith King (R)||29,658|
|Pete Lee (D)||23,468|
|Colorado State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Keith King's campaign in 2010|
|Total Raised in 2010||$441|
In 2008, King collected $42,810 in donations.
His two largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Committee to Elect Keith King||$6,769|
|Colorado Association Of Realtors||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Keith + King + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
King and his wife, Sandi, have two children.
- Keith King's personal website
- Official Colorado State Senate website of Senator Keith King
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Keith King
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2004 2002 2000
- Keith King on Facebook
- Colorado News Agency, "Teacher's Union Shaken, Allies Divided by Passage of Tenure Reform," May 12, 2010
- "Felons in schools bill heads back to House," Colorado News Agency, May 3rd, 2011
- Colorado Secretary of State, " Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Senate candidates," accessed April 14, 2014
- 2008 contributions to Keith King
Andy McElhany (R)
|Colorado State Senate - District 12
| Succeeded by|
Bill Cadman (R)