|California State Senate District 16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
Prior to joining the state senate, Florez served in the California State Assembly from 1998 to 2002.
Florez earned his B.S. in Political Science from UCLA in 1986 and his M.B.A. from Harvard Business School in 1993. His professional experience includes working as a consultant to the Senate Budget & Fiscal Review committee from 1986 to 1991 and as president of the Ophon Consulting Group from 1995 to 1998.
Senator Florez speaks to San Bernardino Democrats
Florez served on these standing Senate committees:
- Governmental Organization (Chair)
- Food and Agriculture
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Business, Professions and Economic Development
- Environmental Quality
- See also: State executive official elections, 2014
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2010
Florez was ineligible to seek re-election in 2010.
In 2006 Florez was elected to the California State Senate, District 16. He ran unopposed and finished with 78,146 votes. Florez raised $503,107 for her campaign fund.
|California State Senate, District 16|
|Dean Florez (D)||78,146|
In 2006, Florez raised $503,107 in campaign donations. Her top three donors are listed below.
|California Democratic Party||$27,000|
|California Medical Association||$13,400|
Capitol Weekly, California's major weekly periodical covering the state legislature, publishes an annual legislative scorecard to pin down the political or ideological leanings of every member of the legislature based on how they voted on an assortment of bills in the most recent legislative session. The 2009 scores were based on votes on 19 bills, but did not include how legislators voted on the Proposition 1A (2009). On the scorecard, "100" is a perfect liberal score and "0" is a perfect conservative score.
On the 2009 Capitol Weekly legislative scorecard, Florez ranked as an 85.
Florez and his wife, Elsa, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dean + Florez + California + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Legislature
- California State Senate
- California Senate Committees
- California state legislative districts
- Dean Florez campaign website
- Legislative profile of Dean Florez on Project Vote Smart
- Biographical profile of Dean Florez on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2008
- Dean Florez on Facebook
- Dean Florez on MySpace
- Dean Florez on Twitter
- Dean Florez on LinkedIn
- Dean Florez's YouTube Channel
- Ballot Access News, "California Legislative Hearing on Bill to Ban Paying Circulators Per Signature," July 6, 2009
- California Secretary of State, "Campaign Finance:Statement of Intention," accessed November 27, 2012
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2006 General election results," accessed December 8, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign funds," accessed December 8, 2014
- Capitol Weekly, "Capitol Weekly's Legislative Scorecard," December 17, 2009
- Fox and Hounds Daily, "Random Thoughts on the Political Scene," December 18, 2009
- Capitol Weekly," Downloadable 2009 Capitol Weekly State Legislative Scorecard
|California State Senate District 16
| Succeeded by|
Michael J. Rubio