Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Washington, District 10|
Ferguson founded a non-profit counseling center and has started two small businesses.
Ferguson outlines her platform on her website:
- "I believe our brave men and women need to know we stand behind them and with them.
- I believe our soldiers should be able to get the help they need without being concerned about their careers.
- I believe military families need empowerment in assisting their loved ones returning home from combat.
- I believe that affordable housing is not a dream, but a reachable reality.
- I believe seniors should not have to choose between food and medication.
- I believe everyone deserves a right to affordable medical care.
- I believe education is a vital key in assuring America’s future.
- I believe all children should be given the tools to compete on a global scale.
- I believe college graduates should find work and not the unemployment line.
- I believe small business plays an important part in our economic recovery and expansion, and we need to make sure it stays that way.
- I believe small businesses need the necessary tools to learn, adapt, and grow.
- I believe skyrocketing gas prices are a deterrent to our economic recovery.
- I believe renewable energy sources will remove us from foreign oil.
- I believe Middle class America needs more tax breaks."
Ferguson ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Washington's 10th District. She sought the nomination as a Democrat and will face Denny Heck (D), Richard Muri (R), Stan Flemming (R), Steve Hannon (I), and Sue Gunn (I) in the August 7 primary. The top two vote-getters, regardless of party, will go on the general election ballot. She was defeated in the August 7, 2012 primary.
The 10th district was added in 2012 as a result of the 2010 Census findings. The new district is seen as favorable to Democrats.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jennifer + Ferguson + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- The second life of Jenny Stiles: Battling illness in the digital age - Las Vegas Weekly (blog)
- Celebrity real estate: Jesse Tyler Ferguson buys Gwen Stefani's former home - Today.com (blog)
- Events in Connecticut - New York Times
- Leona Lewis, Ashanti & More Added to NBC's 'Christmas in Rockefeller Center ... - TVbytheNumbers
- Lieberman to represent Libyan politician ? Brown upped to partner at 38 North ... - Politico
- Wine Down Eugene - Eugene Daily News
- NBC's Festive 'Christmas in Rockefeller Center' Special Brings Holiday Cheer ... - TVbytheNumbers
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Ferguson is married with three sons.
- ↑ Campaign website
- ↑ Campaign website "I believe"
- ↑ Washington Secretary of State "Candidate Filings," Accessed May 18, 2012
- ↑ Washington Secretary of State "Top 2 Primary: FAQ," Accessed May 17, 2012
- ↑ AP Primary Results
- ↑ Politico "Washington redistricting plan a small win for Democrats," December 28, 2011
- ↑ Campaign website