|Tennessee State Senate District 20|
|November 8, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of the South|
|M.D.||Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake Forrest University|
Dickerson received a B.A. from the University of the South and an MD from Wake Forest University. He has worked as an anesthesiologist and currently runs a medical practice out of Hendersonville Medical Center.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Dickerson served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Finance, Ways and Means|
|• State & Local Government, 1st Vice-chair|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Dickerson served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education, Vice-chair|
|• Finance, Ways and Means|
- See also: Tennessee State Senate elections, 2012
Dickerson won election in the 2012 election for Tennessee State Senate District 20. Dickerson defeated David Hall and Rob Mortensen in the August 2 Republican primary and defeated Phillip L. North (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee State Senate, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Tennessee State Senate, District 20 Republican Primary, 2012|
Dickerson stated that he supports charter schools, opposes a State income tax, and is pro-life. He opposed the Affordable Care Act, and claimed that he will work to end Obamacare.
- See also: Tennessee State Senate elections, 2010
Comprehensive donor information for Dickerson is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Dickerson raised a total of $790,577 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 20, 2013.
|Steven Dickerson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State Senate, District 20||$646,849|
|2010||Tennessee State Senate, District 21||$143,728|
|Grand Total Raised||$790,577|
2012Dickerson won election to the Tennessee State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Dickerson raised a total of $646,849.
|Tennessee State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steven Dickerson's campaign in 2012|
|Senate Republican Caucus||$113,254|
|Anesthesia Services Associates||$23,500|
|Tennessee Society Of Anesthesiologists||$21,400|
|Anesthesiologists Associated PC PAC||$21,400|
|Total Raised in 2012||$646,849|
|Source: Follow the Money|
2010Dickerson lost the election for the Tennessee State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Dickerson raised a total of $143,728.
|Tennessee State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steven Dickerson's campaign in 2010|
|Tennessee Society Of Anesthesiologists||$8,500|
|Tennessee Medical Association||$2,500|
|Dickerson Jr, Brinkley||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$143,728|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, first year, was in session from January 8 to April 19. In 2014, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, second year, was in session from January 14 to April 18.
- Tennessee National Federation of Independent Business: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Tennessee Conservation Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes relating to conservation and environmental issues.
- Tennessee Voters for Animal Protection: 2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on animal protection bills.
Dickerson and his wife, Katrina, have three sons. They currently reside in Nashville, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Steven + Dickerson + Tennessee + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee State Senate
- Tennessee State Senate Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- List of 2010 candidates for Tennessee State Senate
- Steven Dickerson campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Steven Dickerson on Facebook
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010
- Tennessee Department of State - Elections, "List of 2012 Candidates," accessed July 5, 2012
- Associated Press, "Tennessee - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 2, 2012
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Tennessee General election results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Votesetevedickerson.com, "Issues," accessed July 26, 2012
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2010 Tennessee General election results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Dickerson, Steven," accessed June 20, 2013
- Votestevedickerson.com, "Bio," accessed July 26, 2012
Joe Haynes (D)
|Tennessee Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|