|Tennessee State Senate District 20|
|November 8, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of the South|
|M.D.||Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake Forrest University|
Dickerson received a B.A. from the University of the South and an MD from Wake Forest University. He has worked as an anesthesiologist and currently runs a medical practice out of Hendersonville Medical Center.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dickerson served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education, Vice-chair|
|• Finance, Ways and Means|
- See also: Tennessee State Senate elections, 2012
Dickerson won election in the 2012 election for Tennessee State Senate District 20. Dickerson defeated David Hall and Rob Mortensen in the August 2 Republican primary and defeated Phillip L. North (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee State Senate, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Tennessee State Senate, District 20 Republican Primary, 2012|
Dickerson stated that he supports charter schools, opposes a State income tax, and is pro-life. He opposed the Affordable Care Act, and claimed that he will work to end Obamacare.
- See also: Tennessee State Senate elections, 2010
Comprehensive donor information for Dickerson is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Dickerson raised a total of $790,577 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 20, 2013.
|Steven Dickerson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State Senate, District 20||$646,849|
|2010||Tennessee State Senate, District 21||$143,728|
|Grand Total Raised||$790,577|
2012Dickerson won election to the Tennessee State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Dickerson raised a total of $646,849.
|Tennessee State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steven Dickerson's campaign in 2012|
|Senate Republican Caucus||$113,254|
|Anesthesia Services Associates||$23,500|
|Tennessee Society Of Anesthesiologists||$21,400|
|Anesthesiologists Associated PC PAC||$21,400|
|Total Raised in 2012||$646,849|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Dickerson lost the election for the Tennessee State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Dickerson raised a total of $143,728.
|Tennessee State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steven Dickerson's campaign in 2010|
|Tennessee Society Of Anesthesiologists||$8,500|
|Tennessee Medical Association||$2,500|
|Dickerson Jr, Brinkley||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$143,728|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Dickerson and his wife, Katrina, have three sons. They currently reside in Nashville, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Steven + Dickerson + Tennessee + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee State Senate
- Tennessee State Senate Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- List of 2010 candidates for Tennessee State Senate
- Steven Dickerson campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Steven Dickerson on Facebook
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010
- Tennessee Department of State - Elections, "List of 2012 Candidates," accessed July 5, 2012
- Associated Press, "Tennessee - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 2, 2012
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Tennessee General election results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Votesetevedickerson.com, "Issues," accessed July 26, 2012
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2010 Tennessee General election results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Dickerson, Steven," accessed June 20, 2013
- Votestevedickerson.com, "Bio," accessed July 26, 2012
Joe Haynes (D)
|Tennessee Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|