Emily A. Kane
|Emily A. Kane|
|New Mexico House of Representatives District 15|
|December 31, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||May 14, 1956|
|Place of birth||Eugene, OR|
Kane's professional experience includes being the Captain of the Albuquerque Fire Department.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kane served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Enrolling and Engrossing - A|
|• Health, Government and Indian Affairs|
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Emily A. Kane is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Sarah Maestas Barnes is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Kane ran in the 2012 election for New Mexico House of Representatives District 15. She defeated Matt David Munoz and Joe D. Craig in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. She defeated Christopher T. Saucedo in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 15, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Emily A. Kane||51.2%||6,850|
|Republican||Christopher T. Saucedo||48.8%||6,536|
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 15 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Emily A. Kane||44.5%||962|
|Matt David Munoz||37.5%||811|
|Joe D. Craig||18%||389|
Comprehensive donor information for Kane is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kane raised a total of $121,249 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 23, 2013.
|Emily A. Kane's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New Mexico State House, District 15||$121,249|
|Grand Total Raised||$121,249|
2012Kane won election to the New Mexico State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Kane raised a total of $121,249.
|New Mexico State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Emily A. Kane's campaign in 2012|
|Ken Martinez Leadership Fund||$5,000|
|Forward New Mexico||$5,000|
|Viva New Mexico PAC||$5,000|
|New Mexico House Majority Fund||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$121,249|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2012, Kane’s endorsements included the following:
- Several Firefighters associations and labor unions, in addition to Planned Parenthood of New Mexico and the CWA Retirees Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Emily + Kane + New Mexico + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the New Mexico House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Emily Kane on Facebook
- Emily Kane on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- 2014 New Mexico Secretary of State, “2014 Primary Election Candidate List,” accessed March 19, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State "Primary Candidate List," accessed March 23, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Kane, Emily A.," Accessed May 23, 2013
- Emilykane4nm.com "Endorsements," Accessed September 10, 2012
William O'Neill (D)
|New Mexico House of Representatives - District 15
| Succeeded by|