Emily A. Kane
|Emily A. Kane|
|New Mexico House of Representatives District 15|
|December 31, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||May 14, 1956|
|Place of birth||Eugene, OR|
Kane's professional experience includes being the Captain of the Albuquerque Fire Department.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kane served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Enrolling and Engrossing - A|
|• Health, Government and Indian Affairs|
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 4, 2014. Incumbent Emily A. Kane was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Sarah Maestas Barnes was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kane and Maestas Barnes will face off in the general election.
Kane ran in the 2012 election for New Mexico House of Representatives District 15. She defeated Matt David Munoz and Joe D. Craig in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. She defeated Christopher T. Saucedo in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 15, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Emily A. Kane||51.2%||6,850|
|Republican||Christopher T. Saucedo||48.8%||6,536|
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 15 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Emily A. Kane||44.5%||962|
|Matt David Munoz||37.5%||811|
|Joe D. Craig||18%||389|
Comprehensive donor information for Kane is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kane raised a total of $121,249 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 23, 2013.
|Emily A. Kane's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New Mexico State House, District 15||$121,249|
|Grand Total Raised||$121,249|
2012Kane won election to the New Mexico State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Kane raised a total of $121,249.
|New Mexico State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Emily A. Kane's campaign in 2012|
|Ken Martinez Leadership Fund||$5,000|
|Forward New Mexico||$5,000|
|Viva New Mexico PAC||$5,000|
|New Mexico House Majority Fund||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$121,249|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, first session, was in session from January 15 to March 16. In 2014, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, second session, was in session from January 21 through February 20.
- Animal Protection Voters: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to the state’s wildlife and domesticated animals.
- Conservation Voters New Mexico: 2013-2014 Conservation Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environment and conservation issues.
In 2012, Kane’s endorsements included the following:
- Several Firefighters associations and labor unions, in addition to Planned Parenthood of New Mexico and the CWA Retirees Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Emily + Kane + New Mexico + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico House of Representatives
- House Committees
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the New Mexico House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Emily Kane on Facebook
- Emily Kane on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 3, 2014," accessed July 7, 2014
- New Mexico State Legislature, "2014 Primary Election Candidates," accessed May 13, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 13, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Kane, Emily A.," accessed May 23, 2013
- New Mexico Legislature, "Session dates," accessed July 9, 2014
- Emilykane4nm.com, "Endorsements," accessed September 10, 2012
William O'Neill (D)
|New Mexico House of Representatives - District 15
| Succeeded by|