|U.S. Senate, Nebraska|
|Nebraska State Treasurer|
|Bachelor's||University of Nebraska-Lincoln|
Osborn holds a bachelors in mathematics and statistics from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. While he was a Navy pilot in 2001, Osborn's plane was struck by a Chinese fighter plane. Osborn successfully landed the plane and he and his crew members were held hostage by the Chinese military for 12 days.
Osborn is running for the U.S. Senate in Nebraska in 2014. Osborn is running for the seat currently held by Mike Johanns. Johanns is not seeking re-election in 2014. The election is November 4, 2014.
In October 2013, a poll conducted by Osborn’s campaign showed Osborn leading his competitors by a wide margin. The poll showed Osborn receiving 39 percent of the vote. His competitors, Sid Dinsdale, Ben Sasse, and Bart McLeay, remained in single digits. Neil Newhouse of Public Opinion Strategies stated that Osborn’s support comes from Republicans, Tea Party supporters, and senior citizens. The poll questioned 400 likely Republican voters.
An October 2013 report on fundraising numbers showed Osborn has raised $336,000, compared to his competitors Sasse and McLeay, who have raised $815,000 and $303,000, respectively.
Osborn has been endorsed by:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shane + Osborn + Nebraska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senate Candidate Shane Osborn desires transparency - The Western Nebraska observer
- Former GOP chairman questions Osborn campaign's honor, integrity, tactics - Watchdog.org
- How the Calendar Will Influence GOP Senate Primaries - Roll Call (blog)
- Tuesday's campaign round-up - MSNBC
- 2014 Nebraska Senate Election Update - Americans for Tax Reform
- Ryan backs Sasse in Nebraska Sen. race - MSNBC
- Osborn: Federal debt biggest threat - McCook Daily Gazette
- Shane Osborn opposes budget plan - Lincoln Journal Star
- Sasse Opponent Ducks McConnell Questions - National Review Online (blog)
- NE candidate for Senate accuses Obama of causing constitutional crisis - Watchdog.org
Osborn is married with four children.
- Journal Star "Shane Osborn launches Senate campaign," Accessed July 15, 2013
- Shane Osborn "Bio," Accessed July 15, 2013
- WatchDog.org "Osborn poll: Osborn leads Senate race—big," Accessed December 6, 2013
- Talking Points Memo, "FreedomWorks Splits With Other Tea Party Groups In Nebraska Senate Race," accessed November 11, 2013
- Watchdog.org, "FreedomWorks endorses Osborn for Senate", accessed November 13, 2013