|U.S. House, California, District 17|
Li's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "We need to get America working again. This is done by encouraging businesses with tax relief, less regulation, and the ability to use their creativity to discover and produce better services and products. This approach will increase the number of jobs we have available for our workforce."
- Excerpt: "We spend 2.7 trillion dollars per year on health care, surpassing a lot of other country’s total GDP, such as France’s. We need to cut down administrative and other unnecessary costs that put a stumbling block in price-conscious, efficacious healthcare delivery. We need to support providers (the medical experts closest to their patients) to deliver excellent healthcare."
- Excerpt: "Our children are the backbone of America, and education starts at childhood. We need to ensure pre-college schools in America are the best in the world. Our children are suffering in schools with reduced funding, teachers that are saddled with politically correct curriculums and school administrations that are top-heavy."
- Excerpt: "The families in our country are the foundation of our happiness and success. The family unit can be made up of many people whether they are grandparents, adoptive parents or natural parents. Many of the families in this country are unique in their own way and we need to support them so that they can flourish at home and in their influence in their community."
- Foreign Policy
- Excerpt: "Endorse a strong military defense, but focus on facilitating better communication between countries and utilize civilized, educated modality to deal with differences and promote ultimate, sustainable peace."
Li ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 17th District. She and district 15 incumbent Mike Honda (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Charles Richardson (Ind). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Honda won.
|U.S. House, California District 17 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mike Honda Incumbent||73.5%||159,392|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California District 17, 2012 - Evelyn Li Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$900,844|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,028,810|
|Top contributors to Evelyn Li's campaign committee|
|Clean Enedrgy International||$2,300|
|Wong Real Estate||$1,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Li is married and has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Evelyn + Li + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- CNN, "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center," accessed December 1, 2012
- Campaign website, Issues
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012
- Open Secrets, "Evelyn Li 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 19, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014