|Kansas State Senate District 5|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
Steve currently serves as a military analyst and trainer for Northrop Grumman. He previously served in the United States Army.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fitzgerald served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Ethics, Elections and Local Government|
|• Ways and Means|
Fitzgerald's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Strong Economic Development
- Excerpt:"We must improve the road network and especially our connections with the interstates and the Kansas City area. We need infrastructure to attract business and increase jobs."
Kansas Family Values
- Excerpt:"We need a government that values the family in all parts of our society. "
- Excerpt:"Law-abiding citizens in Kansas should be trusted with the exercise of their right to carry concealed weapons."
- Excerpt:"Individual Kansans and small businesses are over taxed in Kansas."
- Excerpt:"The cost of education K-12 in Kansas has steadily increased with little or no improvement in results. Kansas ranks 48 out of 50 states for getting resources to the classroom."
- See also: Kansas State Senate elections, 2012
Fitzgerald won election in the 2012 election for Kansas State Senate District 5. Fitzgerald defeated Mark S. Gilstrap in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Kelly Kultala (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas State Senate, District 5, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Kelly Kultala Incumbent||48.5%||12,040|
|Kansas State Senate, District 5 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Mark S. Gilstrap||38.5%||1,441|
Comprehensive donor information for Fitzgerald is available dating back to 2004. Based on available campaign finance records, Fitzgerald raised a total of $250,991 during that time period. This information was last updated on 6/3/2013.
|Steve Fitzgerald's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State Senate, District 5||$72,003|
|2008||Kansas State Senate, District 5||$127,792|
|2004||Kansas State Senate, District 5||$51,196|
|Grand Total Raised||$250,991|
Fitzgerald won election to the Kansas State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Fitzgerald raised a total of $72,003.
|Kansas State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Fitzgerald's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Republican Party||$10,145|
|Crossland Construction Co||$2,000|
|Lewis, John G||$2,000|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$1,154|
|Total Raised in 2012||$72,003|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Fitzgerald lost the election to the Kansas State Senate in 2008. During that election cycle, Fitzgerald raised a total of $127,792.
|Kansas State Senate 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Fitzgerald's campaign in 2008|
|Fitzgerald, Steven G||$30,000|
|Kansas Republican Senatorial Cmte||$6,000|
|Total Raised in 2008||$127,792|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Fitzgerald lost the election to the Kansas State Senate in 2004. During that election cycle, Fitzgerald raised a total of $51,196.
|Kansas State Senate 2004 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Fitzgerald's campaign in 2004|
|Kansas Republican Senatorial Cmte||$6,500|
|Leavenworth County Republican Womens Club||$500|
|Total Raised in 2004||$51,196|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Fitzgerald and wife Francie have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Fitzgerald + Kansas + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Fitzgerald: Democrats misinterpret vote locking down budget - Topeka Capital Journal (blog)
- Corrections budget cuts put spotlight on King's absence - Topeka Capital Journal
- Corrections officials in Kansas face at least $5.6 million in cutbacks - Kansas City Star
- State budget finalized on Senate vote; universities and Wichita job-training ... - Kansas.com (blog)
- Kansas Legislature Approves Higher Sales Tax, Lower Income Tax After ... - Huffington Post
- Legislature narrowly passes budget bill with GOP support - Topeka Capital Journal
- Plan B Is OTC: Let's Get Started On Those Sex Cults - Raw Story
- Kan. House defeats bill stalling school standards - Danbury News Times
- Buying or Selling Every NFL Team's Chances of Improving on 2012 Win Total - Bleacher Report
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Sen. Fitzgerald's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Steve Fitzgerald on Facebook
- Steve Fitzgerald on Twitter
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "vote4fitzgerald," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (unofficial)," retrieved July 16, 2012.
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Kansas General Election Results," accessed November 7, 2012
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Fitzgerald, Steve," Accessed June 3, 2013
Kelly Kultala (D)
|Kansas State Senate District 5
| Succeeded by|