was a 2014 Republican
candidate seeking election to the U.S. Senate
from North Carolina
. Grant was defeated in the Republican primary by Thom Tillis
Grant's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Illegal immigration is a real problem in our Nation today. We are spending millions of dollars in aid to a populace who are here illegally, which is a criminal offense. There is no perfect answer to this problem. This means that we as a Nation will have to work toward a resolution."
- Excerpt: "Obamacare is not the healthcare reform that our populace was promised. Healthcare premiums are increasing and will continue to do so. Appropriate healthcare is becoming more difficult to obtain. As the Affordable Care Act continues along its time line of implementation, we will see an influx of new healthcare consumers with a decrease of available healthcare providers. This will result in rationing."
- Excerpt: "The Constitution needs no interpretation. Our founding fathers meant every word they wrote just as it was written. The Constitution was written in the common language of the day so that every man, woman and child could understand the basic enumerated powers of our federal government."
- The Federal Reserve and the Debt
- Excerpt: "The Federal Reserve has no oversight and continually devalues our currency. It must be audited immediately. There must be Congressional oversight of the Federal Reserve to ensure its actions are in the best interest of these United States."
- Excerpt: "I stand with the Constitution as it is written. The 2nd Amendment states that we have the right to bear and keep arms. This means any and all arms. There is no set definition of what should be allowed or disallowed. With that said, I also want to assure you that I firmly believe that the 2nd Amendment does not give the Federal Government any control over the arms we, the citizens, keep."
- See also: United States Senate elections in North Carolina, 2014
Grant ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. Senate, representing North Carolina. Grant sought the Republican nomination in the primary on May 6, 2014, but lost to Thom Tillis.
|U.S. Senate, North Carolina Republican Primary, 2014
| Greg Brannon
| Mark Harris
| Heather Grant
| Jim Snyder
| Ted Alexander
| Alex Bradshaw
| Edward Kryn
|Source: Results via the North Carolina State Board of Elections
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Heather + Grant + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Heather Grant News Feed