Paul Bailey (Tennessee)
|Running for Tennessee State Senate, District 15|
|Date of primary||August 7, 2014|
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 43|
|January 6, 2014 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Predecessor||Charles Curtiss (D)|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||March 4, 1968|
Bailey is the owner of CB Trucking, and he served as county commissioner until he resigned when appointed as a state representative. He attended Tennessee Tech University. Bailey has served as a member for the House Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee, the House Business & Utilities Committee, and the House Business & Utilities Subcommittee.
- See also: Tennessee State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 17 seats in the Tennessee State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 7, 2014. A general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Betty Vaudt was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Paul Bailey defeated Gary Steakley and Matt Swallows in the Republican primary. William Draper is running as an Independent candidate. Vaudt, Bailey and Draper will face off in the general election.
In 2014, Bailey's endorsements include the following:
- NRA Political Victory Fund
Bailey is married and has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Paul + Bailey + Tennessee + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Tennessee House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Paul Bailey for Senate Facebook page
- Paul Bailey on Twitter
- My Sparta News, "Bailey chosen to fill state representative vacancy," January 7, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Tennessee General Assembly, "Rep. Paul Bailey," accessed January 18, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "August 7, 2014 Unofficial Election Results," accessed August 8, 2014
- Facebook, "Paul Bailey for Senate," accessed July 17, 2014
Charles Curtiss (R)
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 43
| Succeeded by|
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |