|Nevada State Senate, District 11|
|Nevada Assembly District 42|
|1996 - 2010|
|Profession||President, Scientific Consulting Firm|
Mortenson earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Roanoke College and his Master of Arts degree from Duke University. He is current president of Scientific Consulting Firm; a former staff member at Los Alamos Sci Labs from 1962 to 1970; a former senior physicist at Babcock and Wilcox, Lynchburg VA, from 1958 to 1962; and a physicist at EI DuPont, Savanna River Lab, from 1954 to 1958. He and his wife, Helen, have three children: Eric, Lisa and Kirk.
While in the Nevada Assembly, Mortenson served on the following committees:
- Corrections, Parole, and Probation Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Elections, Procedures, Ethics, and Constitutional Amendments Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Judiciary Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Taxation Committee, Nevada Assembly
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2012
|Nevada State Senate, District 11 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Aaron D. Ford||68.5%||1,741|
Mortenson raised $65,993 for his campaign.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 42 (2008)|
|Harry Mortenson (D)||8,354||66.30%|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Harry Mortenson's 2008 campaign.
|Associated General Contractors of Las Vegas||$2,500|
|South Point Hotel & Casino||$2,500|
|Focus Property Group||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Harry + Mortenson + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Harry Mortenson's personal website
- Nevada Assembly - Rep. Harry Mortenson
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2008 General Election Results," accessed May 5, 2014
- 2008 Follow the Money's report on Harry's 2008 campaign contributions
|Nevada State Assembly District 42
| Succeeded by|