For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Nevada State Senate, District 11|
|Nevada Assembly District 42|
|1996 - 2010|
|Profession||President, Scientific Consulting Firm|
Mortenson earned his B.S. from Roanoke College and his M.A. from Duke University. His professional experience includes working as the president of Scientific Consulting Firm; a former staff member at Los Alamos Sci Labs from 1962 to 1970; a former senior physicist at Babcock and Wilcox, Lynchburg VA, from 1958 to 1962; and a physicist at EI DuPont, Savanna River Lab, from 1954 to 1958.
While in the Nevada Assembly, Mortenson served on the following committees:
- Corrections, Parole, and Probation Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Elections, Procedures, Ethics, and Constitutional Amendments Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Judiciary Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Taxation Committee, Nevada Assembly
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2012
|Nevada State Senate, District 11 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Aaron D. Ford||68.5%||1,741|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2008
Mortenson raised $65,993 for his campaign.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 42 (2008)|
|Harry Mortenson (D)||8,354||66.30%|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Harry Mortenson's 2008 campaign.
|Associated General Contractors of Las Vegas||$2,500|
|South Point Hotel & Casino||$2,500|
|Focus Property Group||$2,000|
Mortenson and his wife, Helen, have three children: Eric, Lisa and Kirk.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Harry + Mortenson + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Harry Mortenson's personal website
- Nevada Assembly - Rep. Harry Mortenson
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Harry Mortenson," accessed November 24, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2008 General Election Results," accessed May 5, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Harry Mortenson," accessed November 24, 2014
|Nevada State Assembly District 42
| Succeeded by|
Irene Bustamante (D)