|U.S. House, California, District 27|
|High school||Pasadena High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern California|
|Place of birth||Pasadena, CA|
Orswell's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Today's most important issue is jobs. We all need a job to provide for the necessities and comforts of life. A job is one of the first decisions we consider as a child, as people ask, "what are you going to do when you grow up?""
- Excerpt: "No matter how we try to avoid it, taxes are a part of our lives. Taxes create the revenue for our government to operate. And as the government continues to grow and expand, more revenue or tax dollars are required to operate. First of all, we must stop the expansion and limit our government to providing us only with the services we need, not the services what we want."
- Excerpt: "The National Health Care System, enacted in 2010, was created to provide affordable health care for every American. I agree with the intent of the program, but as a former FBI Agent who worked government fraud and abuse cases, I believe the current program will cost American taxpayers billions of dollars in fraud and abuse, wasting valuable resources for Americans needing professional healthcare."
- Congressional Salaries
- Excerpt: "Members of the House of Representatives currently receive an annual salary of $174,000. In addition, they receive health insurance, retirement benefits and paid time off."
- Corporate Influence on Elections
- Excerpt: "The old expression "money talks" certainly rings true when it comes to determining the results of an election. According to an article posted on www.opensecrets.org after the 2008 elections, 93 percent of the House of Representative races were won by candidates who spent the most money. "
Orswell ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 27th District. He and district 32 incumbent Judy Chu (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Bob Duran (R). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Chu won.
|U.S. House, California District 27 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Judy Chu Incumbent||64%||154,191|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California District 27, 2012 - Jack Orswell Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,468,072|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$803,348|
|Top contributors to Jack Orswell's campaign committee|
|National Auto Dealers Assn||$5,000|
|CB Nichols Egg Ranch||$3,500|
|National Franchisee Assn||$3,500|
|Dps Software Systems||$3,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Securities & Investment||$10,400|
Orswell and his wife, Janet, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jack + Orswell + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California's 27th Congressional District
- California's 27th Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives