For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 63|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|High school||St. Mary Academy Bay View|
|Date of birth||June 25, 1990|
|Place of birth||East Providence, RI|
Kazarian earned her bachelor's degree in Urban Studies and Economics from Columbia University in 2012.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Kazarian served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2015|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Kazarian served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Municipal Government|
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Katherine Kazarian was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Danielle Boucher (I) was removed from the ballot before the primary. Kazarian was unchallenged in the general election.
Kazarian won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 63. She defeated Robert Britto, Samuel Lovett, and Charles Tsonos in the September 11 Democratic primary and defeated David Sullivan (I) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 63, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Katherine S Kazarian Incumbent||69.7%||4,227|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 63 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Katherine Kazarian is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Katherine Kazarian raised a total of $17,585 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 12, 2013.
|Katherine Kazarian's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 63||$17,585|
|Grand Total Raised||$17,585|
2012Katherine Kazarian won election to the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Katherine Kazarian raised a total of $17,585.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Katherine Kazarian's campaign in 2012|
|Kazarian, Katherine S||$8,000|
|Melo, Helio M||$1,000|
|Marzilli, Frederic A||$700|
|Rhode Island House Leadership Pac||$500|
|Corvese, Dr Arthur||$300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$17,585|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills related to civil liberties.
- Common Cause: 2013-2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on votes on government reform.
- Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity: 2013 Session Freedom Index
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills deemed to have an effect on free-market, small-government, or constitutional principles.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
In 2012, Kazarian's was endorsed by the following:
- The Democratic Party of Rhode Island.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Katherine + Kazarian + Rhode Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Katherine Kazarian," accessed June 10, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Representative in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official 2014 general election results," accessed December 4, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 10, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Kazarian, Katherine," accessed August 12, 2013
- Votekazarian63.com, "About Katherine Kazarian," accessed August 21, 2012
Roberto DaSilva (D)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 63
| Succeeded by|