For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Kentucky State Senate, District 13|
|January 2, 2014 - Present|
|January 1, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||December 10, 2013|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Thomas served on the following committees:
|Kentucky Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Economic Development, Tourism and Labor|
|• Health and Welfare|
|• Economic Development and Tourism|
|• Health and Welfare|
|• Labor and Industry|
On December 6, 2013, Thomas announced that should he win the special election on December 10, he would not take office until January 1, 2014. This would place him in the new, reformed pension system rather than the old one.
Thomas won election in the 2013 election for Kentucky State Senate District 13. The seat was vacant following Kathy Stein's (D) resignation following her appointment as Fayette Family Court judge. Thomas defeated Michael E. Johnson (R) and Richard Moloney (I) in the special election, which took place on December 10, 2013.
|Kentucky State Senate, District 13, Special Election, 2013|
|Republican||Michael E. Johnson||11.3%||851|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Reggie + Thomas + Kentucky + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kentucky General Assembly
- Kentucky State Senate
- Kentucky Senate Committees
- Kentucky Joint Committees
- Kentucky state legislative districts
- kentucky.com, "State Senate candidates say they'll delay taking office to avoid pension perk," December 3, 2013
- courier-journal.com, "Kathy Stein appointed to Fayette judgeship; special elections set for her seat, John Arnold's," October 14, 2013
- kentucky.com, "Republicans pick Michael Johnson as nominee in special Senate election; Moloney to run as independent," October 21, 2013
- Kentucky.com, "Democrat Reginald Thomas wins state Senate special election," December 10, 2013
- Kentucky Department of Elections, "Official Special election results," accessed May 7, 2014
Kathy Stein (D)
|Kentucky State Senate District 13
| Succeeded by|