|Vermont State Senate, Windham District|
|January 7, 2015 - present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Balint's professional experience includes working as a social studies/history instructor, adjunct professor and editorial columnist.
Balint's website has emphasized the following campaign themes:
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Vermont State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Windham has two state senators. Incumbent Jeanette White and Becca Balint defeated Joan Bowman and Roger Albee in the Democratic primary. Mary Hasson ran as an independent candidate. Aaron Diamondstone and Jerry Levy are running as Liberty Union candidates. White and Balint defeated Hasson, Levy and Diamondstone in the general election.
|Vermont State Senate Windham District, General Election, 2014|
|Liberty Union||Jerry Levy||5%||899|
|Liberty Union||Aaron Diamondstone||4.7%||833|
|Vermont State Senate, Windham District Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Jeanette White Incumbent||40.1%||2,260|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Becca + Balint + Vermont + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Profile from the Vermont General Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Vermont State Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official campaign website
- Becca Balint on Facebook
- Becca Balint on Twitter
- Becca Balint on LinkedIn
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed August 8, 2014
- Becca Balint, "My Vision for Vermont," accessed August 8, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, “2014 General Election Candidate Listing,” accessed October 11, 2014