is a 2014 Democratic
candidate for Windham District
of the Vermont State Senate
Balint's professional experience includes working as a social studies/history instructor, adjunct professor, and editorial columnist.
Balint's website has emphasized the following campaign themes:
- Attract and keep young workers here to replace the retiring workforce
- Give young people the necessary training to fill area jobs
- Build a diverse, dynamic post-VY economy
- Adjust the school funding system to help combat rising property taxes
- Ensure that single payer health care financing works well for small businesses
- Celebrate and support the arts, agriculture and business. We need them all in order to have a healthy, vibrant economy
- Build connections between educators, law enforcement, the medical community and social services to combat the growing heroin problem
- Build stronger regional relationships and look for regional solutions to our economic and tax problems.
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Vermont State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 26, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Windham has two state senators. Incumbent Jeanette White and Becca Balint defeated Joan Bowman and Roger Albee in the Democratic primary. Mary Hasson is running as an independent candidate. Aaron Diamondstone and Jerry Levy are running as Liberty Union candidates. White, Balint, Hasson, Levy and Diamondstone will all face off in the general election.
|Vermont State Senate, Windham District Democratic Primary, 2014
Jeanette White Incumbent
| Roger Albee
| Joan Bowman
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Becca + Balint + Vermont + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Becca Balint News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed August 8, 2014
- ↑ Becca Balint, "My Vision for Vermont," accessed August 8, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- ↑ Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- ↑ Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- ↑ Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- ↑ ‘’Vermont Secretary of State’’, “2014 General Election Candidate Listing”, accessed October 11, 2014