|Kentucky State Senate, District 2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Marshal County High School, 1981|
|Bachelor's||Murray State University, 2004|
|Profession||President/CEO, Easter Seals West Kentucky|
Carroll's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- I will work to ensure that our children receive the best quality education. We must continue to evaluate the Kentucky (Common) Core system to make sure it is the best avenue to prepare our children for higher education or the work force. We must also find the means to ensure that our schools are properly funded and our teachers have the tools they need to succeed. We must support our teachers and, also, hold them accountable to high standards of performance.
- I will work to make Kentucky a more business friendly state in order to bring more and better paying jobs to our region. I believe this can be accomplished by revising our tax codes and becoming a Right to Work state.
Efficiency and Transparency
- I will initiate and support efforts to make our government a model of efficiency and transparency. This will result in financial savings and improved faith in State government.
- It’s probably no surprise that I am not a supporter of Obama Care. Although I strongly believe all Americans should have access to health care we simply cannot afford adding the anticipated 300,000 residents to our Medicaid rolls in Kentucky. This law has already cost thousands of jobs and created hardships for many individuals and businesses in our state, and it will create even greater hardships on our residents and state government when federal funds go away in three years. I believe that the solution to healthcare lies in making insurance more affordable through free enterprise and competition between insurance carriers, tort reform, working to improve the health of our residents and putting our people back to work.
- See also: Kentucky State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Kentucky State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28, 2014. Jeff G. Parker was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Danny Carroll defeated David Hoffman in the Republican primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Danny + Carroll + Kentucky + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kentucky State Senate
- Kentucky State Senate District 2
- Kentucky State Senate elections, 2014
- Kentucky General Assembly
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary Candidate List," accessed January 29, 2014
- Danny Carroll for State Senate, "Issues," accessed April 29, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- C-SPAN, "Primary Results - May 20th, 2014," accessed May 20, 2014