|South Dakota House District 5|
|2011 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Profession||Business Owner, Consultant|
Magstadt received her A.S. from Huron University, her B.S. and M.S. from South Dakota State University, and her M.B.A. from Mount Marty College.
She has spent her career in the health care industry as a nurse and as an owner and consultant of a health care design management company.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Magstadt served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Operations and Audit, Vice Chair|
|• Health and Human Services, Vice Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Magstadt served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Local Government|
Magstadt won re-election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 5. Magstadt ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5 and won re-election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota State House, District 5 (2010)|
|Melissa Magstadt (R)||4,681||35.50%|
|Roger Solum (R)||4,514||34.23%|
|Jeff Dunn (D)||3,992||30.27%|
Comprehensive donor information for Melissa Magstadt is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Melissa Magstadt raised a total of $36,064 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 26, 2013.
|Melissa Magstadt's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives , District 5||$4,215|
|2010||South Dakota House of Representatives , District 5||$31,849|
|Grand Total Raised||$36,064|
2012Melissa Magstadt won re-election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Melissa Magstadt raised a total of $4,215.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Melissa Magstadt's campaign in 2012|
|Peter Norbeck Pac||$500|
|South Dakota Realtors Pac||$300|
|South Dakota Retailers Association Pac||$300|
|South Dakota Physical Therapy Association Pac||$200|
|South Dakota Chiropractors Association||$200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$4,215|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Magstadt raised $31,849 in contributions.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Codington County Republican Central Cmte||$9,000|
|Callies, Byron & Kaelyn||$2,000|
|Callies, Byron & Kaelyn||$2,000|
|Koistinen Campaign Cmte||$2,000|
Magstadt and her husband, Robert, currently reside in Watertown.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Melissa + Magstadt + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 5
- House Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota State Board of Elections, "South Dakota House of Representatives Official General Election Results, 2010," accessed March 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Magstadt, Melissa," Accessed September 26, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Congress.org, "Rep. Melissa Magstadt," accessed March 10, 2014
Bob Faehn (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 5
| Succeeded by|