|U.S. House, New Jersey, District 12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
is a 2014 Legalize Marijuana Party candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
to represent the 12th Congressional District
of New Jersey
Dezarn was previously a 2013 Libertarian candidate for District 14 of the New Jersey State Senate.
Dezarn is the senior operations manager for Princeton University. He has served with the U.S. Navy and is a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom.
On their shared campaign website, Dezarn and Sean O'Connor highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Protect individual rights
- Excerpt: "I promise to be a strong and outspoken supporter of the fight to put an immediate end to the constant encroachment on our individual constitutional rights."
- Excerpt: "Our state tries to substitute its wisdom for that of the free market by offering incentives to lure big companies to New Jersey. Not only is this bad economics, it is also a slap in the face of all of our small business owners who must compete with the tax subsidized big boys."
- Get out of the way of job creation
- Excerpt: "We need to start moving New Jersey forward by reducing taxes and eliminating burdensome regulations and bureaucracy that stifle entrepreneurship."
- Empower parents to educate their children
- Excerpt: "I will fight to free parents from the grip of the government educational monopoly."
- End modern day prohibition
- Excerpt: "We can save hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars by ending the prohibition of marijuana. And we can in fact bring in much needed millions by fully legalizing, taxing and regulating the sale of marijuana in New Jersey."
In an article on Nj.com, Dezarn addressed legalizing marijuana and property taxes.
- Excerpt: "Dezarn has called for a property tax freeze as a solution for residents who feel financially overburdened. He said that expecting passage of a property tax cut is unrealistic, and would rely on a 'miraculous turnaround of the economy,' but argued a freeze would force municipalities to adapt."
- Excerpt: "...the state could realize $200 million in savings by ending the arrests, prosecution and incarceration of marijuana users."
- See also: New Jersey's 12th Congressional District elections, 2014
Dezarn is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent New Jersey's 12th District. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Dezarn ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 14. He was defeated by incumbent Linda Greenstein (D) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|New Jersey State Senate, District 14 General Election, 2013
||Linda Greenstein Incumbent
|| Peter A. Inverso
|| Don Dezarn
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "'Don + Dezarn + New Jersey + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Don Dezarn News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 New Jersey Division of Elections, "General election candidates for U.S. House," accessed October 2, 2014
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- ↑ Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- ↑ Don DeZarn 2013, “Meet Don,” accessed September 3, 2013
- ↑ Don DeZarn 2013, “Issues," accessed September 3, 2013
- ↑ nj.com, “State Senate candidates in the 14th spend freely as they debate ways to revamp tax policy,” accessed October 28, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 5, 2013