Mary Ann Perez
|Texas House of Representatives, District 144|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Houston Downtown|
Perez earned her B.B.A. from the University of Houston Downtown.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Perez served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic & Small Business Development|
|• International Trade & Intergovernmental Affairs|
|• Rules & Resolutions|
Elections for the office of Texas House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on March 4, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Mary Ann Perez was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Gilbert Pena was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Perez won election in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 144. Perez defeated Ornaldo Ybarra and Kevin J. Risner in the May 29 primary election and won election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 144, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mary Ann Perez||52.1%||12,446|
|Texas House of Representatives District 144 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Mary Ann Perez||52.2%||1,149|
Comprehensive donor information for Perez is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Perez raised a total of $392,692 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 20, 2013.
|Mary Ann Perez's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Texas State House, District 144||$392,692|
|Grand Total Raised||$392,692|
2012Perez won election to the Texas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Perez raised a total of $392,692.
|Texas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mary Ann Perez's campaign in 2012|
|Texas Trial Lawyers Association||$33,762|
|House Democratic Campaign Cmte Of Texas||$22,851|
|Mostyn Law Firm||$15,000|
|Texas State Teachers Association||$11,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$392,692|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators were graded along a 0 through 100 scale in 2013 and on an A through F grading scale in 2011.
Perez received a score of 17.9 in the 2013 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
Perez has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mary + Perez + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas House of Representatives Office Website
- Official campaign website
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Mary Ann Perez on Facebook
- Mary Ann Perez on Twitter
- Biography from Texas Tribune
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County", accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Democratic Party Primary Election," accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Republican Party Primary Election," accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State - 2012 Election and Candidate Information
- Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Perez, Mary Ann," accessed August 20, 2013
- Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index," accessed February 22, 2014
|Texas House District 144
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |