For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Oregon Prohibition of Property Taxes for Education, Measure 9 (1972)
The Oregon Prohibition of Property Taxes for Education Amendment, also known as Measure 9, was on the November 7, 1972 ballot in Oregon as an initiated constitutional amendment, where it was defeated. The measure would have prohibited the levy of property taxes to pay for the operating expenses of elementary schools, high schools and community colleges.
|Oregon Measure 9 (1972)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
9. PROHIBITS PROPERTY TAX FOR SCHOOL OPERATIONS - Purpose: Constitutional Amendment prohibiting the levy of property taxes to pay the operating expenses of elementary schools, high schools and community colleges.
ESTIMATE OF FINANCIAL EFFECTS: The passage of this measure will eliminate property tax revenue of approximately $772.3 million for the operational expenses of schools during the 1973-74 biennium. For fiscal year 1973-74 the estimated property tax revenue loss will be $347 million for elementary and high schools and $20.3 million for community colleges. For fiscal year 1974-75, the property tax revenue loss will be about $380 million and $24 million respectively.
NO □ 
- Committee for Measure #9
- Citizens Committee for Property Tax Reform
- Oregonians Against Ballot Measure No. 9
- State Senator Jason Boe
- State Senator John Burns
- State Senator George Eivers
- State Senator Ted Hallock
- State Representative Morris Crothers
- State Representative Dick Eymann
- State Representative Norma Paulus
- Oregon 1972 ballot measures
- 1972 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1972-1978
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet November 1972
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed December 2, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |