For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Indiana State Senate District 28|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Tennessee at Chattanooga|
|Date of birth||March 8, 1940|
|Profession||Homemaker, former biochemist|
Gard is a former Vice Chair for the Hancock County Republican Central Committee. She was a member of the Greenfield City Council from 1976 to 1988. She was also Vice Chair of the Hancock County Republican Party from 1978 to 1991. She has been a Precinct Committeeperson since 1977.
Gard was a Biochemist for Eli Lilly and Company in Indianapolis from 1964 to 1967. She has been a Homemaker since 1967.
Gard earned her B.S. in Chemistry from the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga in 1962.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gard served on these committees:
- Energy and Environmental Affairs
- Health and Provider Services
- Local Government
- Rules and Legislative Procedure
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Gard served on these committees:
- Energy and Environmental Affairs Committee, Indiana State Senate
- Health and Provider Services Committee, Indiana State Senate
- Local Government Committee, Indiana State Senate
- Rules and Legislative Procedure Committee, Indiana State Senate
- Utilities & Technology Committee, Indiana State Senate
On October 11, 2011, Gard announced she would not seek re-election in 2012.
|Indiana State Senate, District 28 (2008)|
|Beverly Gard (R)||50,459|
|Mike Brinegar (D)||24,588|
In 2008, Gard collected $174,029 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to her campaign.
|Indianan Republican Party||$32,588|
|David C. Long for State Senate||$10,000|
|Indiana Farm Bureau||$7,000|
|Indiana State Medical Association||$6,000|
|Citizens for Merritt||$4,000|
|Eli Lilly & Co.||$3,500|
|American Electric Power||$3,000|
|BP North America||$2,750|
|Edward Jones Co.||$2,726|
|Indiana Hospital Association||$2,500|
|Indiana Builders Association||$2,000|
|Friends for Vaneta Bacdker||$2,000|
|US Steel Corp||$2,000|
|Indiana Statewide Association of Rural Electric Cooperatives||$2,000|
|Indiana Academy of Opthalmology||$2,000|
|Friends of Vaneta Becker||$2,000|
|Indiana Cable Telecommunications Association||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Beverly + Gard + Indiana + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Gard and her husband, Don, have two children.
- Beverly Gard's personal website
- Official Indiana State Senate website of Beverly Gard
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Beverly Gard on Twitter
|Indiana State Senate District 28
| Succeeded by|
Michael Crider (R)