|Pennsylvania State House District 133|
|2007 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Moravian College, 1986|
|Place of birth||Lehigh County, PA|
Brennan earned his BA form Moravian College in 1986. His professional experience includes his work as Chief of Staff for Pennsylvania Representative T.J. Rooney.
Brennan served as an At-Large Member of the Northampton City Council from 1998 to 2002.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brennan served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Brennan served on these committees:
- Consumer Affairs Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives, Secretary
- Gaming Oversight Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Liquor Control Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Brennan ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 133. Brennan ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on April 24 but withdrew prior to the November 6 general election.  Daniel McNeill replaced him on the general election ballot.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 133|
|Joseph Brennan (D)||7,923||62.5%|
|David Molony (R)||4,764||37.6%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 133|
|Joseph F. Brennan (D)||17,157||88.1%|
|Guy M. Gray (G)||2,326||11.9%|
In 2010, Brennan received $77,939 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joseph Brennan's campaign in 2010|
|Pennsylvania Democratic Party||$10,856|
|Rooney, T J||$3,000|
|Friends Of John Callahan||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$77,939|
Brennan and his wife, Norma Jane, have two children.
When Brennan was arrested on June 22, 2011, he had a blood-alcohol level of 0.30 - almost four times over the legal limit. He faces charges of drunken driving, careless driving and public drunkenness. He waived a preliminary hearing in early August 2011, but his attorney has said that Brennan has completed a 30-day inpatient rehabilitation program.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Joseph + Brennan + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hall of Fame nominees are an impressive group - Allentown Morning Call
- Oklahoma Tornado's Climate Change Connection Is 'A Damn Difficult Thing To ... - Huffington Post
- Obama Morehouse College Visit Shines Spotlight On Historically Black Colleges ... - Huffington Post
- Polls: Hillary Clinton Would Win 2016 Primaries In New Hampshire, Wisconsin - Huffington Post
- Ahane's Dan Morrissey pictured during last weekend's Limerick SHC clash with ... - Limerick Leader
- Wozniak leaving, Scarnati on his way - Lock Haven Express
- Weekend: Your guide to entertainment in Northeast Pennsylvania - Scranton Times-Tribune
- Union pact OK'd giving 20 Northumberland County workers raises - News Item
- Weekly Milwaukee Events Calendar - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Real estate transactions for May 6, 2013 - Bradenton Herald
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Joseph Brennan
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, Official Primary Results
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 26, 2012
- ↑ 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- ↑ Official 2008 state house election results from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 donations
- ↑ PennLive.com, "Drunken Pa. lawmaker was almost 4X over legal limit, police say," August 2, 2011
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 133
| Succeeded by|
Daniel McNeill (D)
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Right to Know Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |