|Maine House of Representatives District 4|
|2004 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Maine|
|Master's||University of New Hampshire, 1968|
|Place of birth||Limestone, ME|
|Profession||Christmas Tree Grower|
Edgecomb is a Christmas tree grower. He previously served as Superintendent of School Union 122 from 1995-2001, Superintendent of Jonesport - Beals from 1993-1995, Vocational Director of Calais School Department/Vocational Region 1 from 1983-1993, and was an agricultural teacher from 1963-1983.
Edgecomb served on the Caribou, Maine City Council from 1980-1982.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Edgecomb served on the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Edgecomb served on the following committees:
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. Charles Theriault was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Peter Edgecomb was unopposed in the Republican primary.
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
Youngblood ran in the 2012 election for Maine State Senate District 35. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 12, 2012, and was defeated by incumbent Troy Dale Jackson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Maine State Senate, District 35, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Troy Jackson Incumbent||51.5%||8,521|
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 4 (2010)|
|Peter Edgecomb (R)||2,199||75%|
|Jessica Feeley (D)||677||23%|
Peter Edgecomb raised $2,277 for his campaign.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 4|
|Peter Edgecomb (R)||6,717|
In 2010, Edgecomb received $2,773 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below:
|Maine House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Peter Edgecomb's campaign in 2010|
|Maine Association Of Realtors||$600|
|Maine Education Association||$350|
|Aroostook Beverage Co||$350|
|NFIB - Maine Safe Trust||$350|
|Maine Credit Union League||$250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$2,773|
In 2008 Peter Edgecomb collected $2,277 in donations.
His largest contributor in 2008 was:
Edgecomb and his wife Marjie have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Peter + Edgecomb + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Peter Edgecomb
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Edgecomb
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed June 12, 2012
- November 2nd general election results
- Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election Tabulations," accessed March 20, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Edgecomb's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "Maine 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 19, 2014
- 2008 contributors to Peter Edgecomb
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014
|Maine House of Representatives District 4
| Succeeded by|
Carol McElwee (R)
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |