|Robert J. Duffy|
|Lieutenant Governor of New York|
|January 1, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Predecessor||Richard Ravitch (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Mayor of Rochester, New York|
|January 1, 2006 – January 1, 2011|
|Bachelor's||Rochester Institute of Technology (1993)|
|Master's||Syracuse University’s Maxwell School (1998)|
|Birthday||August 21, 1954|
|Place of birth||Rochester, New York|
An April 2013 list of the 100 most powerful players in Albany by the newspaper City and State ranked Duffy as number 100.
Duffy was an officer with the Rochester Police Department from 1976 to 2005. He served as deputy chief of police from 1992 to 1998 and as chief of police from 1998 to 2005. In 2005 he entered politics when he was elected as the mayor of Rochester.
- MA, Public Administration, Syracuse University, 1998
- BA, Business Management/Criminal Justice/Communication, Rochester Institute of Technology, 1993
- Associate's, Criminal Justice, 1988
- Associate's, Recreation Management, 1975
New York Lieutenant Governor (2011-Present)
Duffy has served as New York Lieutenant Governor since 2011.
Mayor of Rochester (2006–2011)
Duffy served as the Mayor of Rochester, New York, from January 1, 2006 – January 1, 2011.
Duffy is eligible to run for re-election as New York Lieutenant Governor in 2014. He has not yet made his intentions in the race known.
Duffy ran on a ticket with Andrew Cuomo in 2010. Duffy defeated Gregory Edwards (R), Alden Link (L), Gloria Mattera (G), Tanya Gendelman (Anti-Prohibition) and Eva Doyle (Freedom) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|New York Governor/Lt. Governor, 2010|
|Democratic||Andrew Cuomo/Robert Duffy||61%||2,910,876|
|Republican||Carl Paladino/Gregory Edwards||32.5%||1,547,857|
|Green||Howie Hawkins/Gloria Mattera||1.3%||59,906|
|Rent is 2 Damn High||Jimmy McMillan/No candidate||0.9%||41,129|
|Libertarian||Warren Redlich/Alden Link||1%||48,359|
|Anti-Prohibition||Kristin Davis/Tanya Gendelman||0.4%||20,421|
|Freedom||Charles Barron/Eva Doyle||0.5%||24,571|
|Election Results Via: New York State Board of Elections|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Robert Duffy's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Robert Duffy's Campaign Contributions|
Lieutenant Governor of New York
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$9,784,750 (Republican)|
|Top 5 contributors||Friends of Bob Duffy||$80,000|
|Richard C Reichman||$5,000|
|New York State Correctional Officers||$5,000|
|Nelson B Leenhouts||$5,000|
Stephanie F Benson
Duffy married his wife Barbara in 1985. They have two daughters.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Duffy + New + York + Lieutenant + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Stroock Hosts Lieutenant Governor Robert J. Duffy At Leadership Forum - PR Newswire (press release)
- Solar Company Expands at Biz Park, Plans To Add Jobs - Rochester Home Page - WROC-TV
- Wellington Row in Albany to get renovation - WXXA
- Statewide elected officials' financial disclosures now posted online - EmpireStateNews.net
- Economic development councils to compete for $760 million in state funding and ... - Syracuse.com (blog)
- Major announcement today about Wellington Row in downtown Albany - The Business Review (Albany) (blog)
- Fallen police officers to be honored today - Utica Observer Dispatch
- Buffalo billion shouldn't be tapped to fix a mistake by the Power Authority - Buffalo News
- Summit promotes upstate tourism - Elmira Star-Gazette
- Cuomo's style of diplomacy faces international test - Buffalo News
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Richard Ravitch (D)
|Lieutenant Governor of New York
2011 - present
| Succeeded by|