|South Dakota House of Representatives District 22|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Werner served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Joint Appropriations|
Werner's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "A quality education system allows for our local businesses and industries to have access to a highly trained workforce. I will do my part to assure our youth have the opportunity to have a rewarding career in South Dakota and for them to raise their families and develop roots in our local communities."
- Excerpt: "A key component to assure that South Dakota can continue to have a balanced budget and support the necessary state programs, such as education and healthcare, is a proactive economic development plan. A sound economic development vision allows our economy to grow and helps our local communities create and retain jobs. I bring to the table the background and experience from my years in banking and as a financial consultant in economic development."
- Excerpt: "I understand the importance of the local decision making process through my years of service as a county commissioner. State government should be there to assist local governments perform their duties and not tie their hands with unnecessary controls or regulations."
- Excerpt: "The agriculture industry has been the backbone of South Dakota since our statehood and the demands for a growing food supply in developing countries will continue the prominence that agriculture plays in our state. I’m proud to be able to own and operate my family farm and feel it is important that legislators understand this rapidly changing industry. Advances in technology and genetics will continue to provide opportunities in the ag industry and legislators need to understand and be positioned to leverage these opportunities. I bring that knowledge and background to the table."
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Incumbent Peggy Anne Gibson and Joan Wollschlager were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Dick Werner was unopposed in the Republican primary. Gisbon will face Wollschlager and Werner in the general election. Dennis Kruse was running as an Independent candidate, but withdrew before the election.
Werner won re-election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 22. Werner advanced past the Republican primary on June 5 and won re-election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 22 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jay B.K. Slater||34.6%||724|
Comprehensive donor information for Dick Werner is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Dick Werner raised a total of $27,520 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 27, 2013.
|Dick Werner's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 22||$27,520|
|Grand Total Raised||$27,520|
2012Dick Werner won election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Dick Werner raised a total of $27,520.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dick Werner's campaign in 2012|
|Peter Norbeck Pac||$1,000|
|Daugaard for South Dakota||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$27,520|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 89th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 14 to March 31.
- South Dakota Right to Life: 2013-2014 Pro-life Legislative Ratings
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to the issue of abortions.
In 2013, the 88th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 8 to March 25.
- South Dakota Freedom Coalition: South Dakota Freedom Index 2013
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on the "top ten" issues affecting your freedom.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dick + Werner + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 22
- Official campaign website
- Rep. Werner's Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Dick Werner on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Dick Werner campaign website, "Platform," accessed September 25, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," May 2, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election Unofficial Results," accessed June 3, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Werner, Dick," accessed September 27, 2013
Jim White (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 22
| Succeeded by|