|Nevada State Assembly, District 8|
|February 7, 2011 - present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$152/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Nevada, Reno|
|J.D.||University of Nevada, Las Vegas|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, California|
Frierson earned his B.S. in Health Science from the University of Nevada, Reno and his J.D. from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. His professional experience includes working as an attorney.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Frierson served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Labor|
|• Judiciary, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Frierson served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health and Human Services|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 10, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Jason Frierson ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while John Moore was unopposed in the Republican primary. Frierson and Moore will face off in the general election.
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
Frierson ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Assembly, District 8. Frierson defeated John Moore in the June 12 primary election and defeated Arthur Martinez (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 8, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jason Frierson Incumbent||61%||11,550|
|Nevada State Assembly, District 8 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Jason Frierson Incumbent||67.6%||761|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2010
On November 2, 2010, Frierson won election to the Nevada House of Representatives. He defeated Kevin Child and Jesse Cantero in the June 8 primary election. Frierson defeated Joe Egan (R) and Stacy Gonzalez (Independent American) in the general election.
|Nevada House of Representatives, District 8 General election (2010)|
|Jason Frierson (D)||3,853|
|Joe Egan (R)||2,303|
|Stacy Gonzalez (I)||452|
Comprehensive donor information for Frierson is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Frierson raised a total of $282,010 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 24, 2013.
|Jason Frierson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nevada State Assembly, District 8||$181,149|
|2010||Nevada State Assembly, District 8||$100,861|
|Grand Total Raised||$282,010|
2012Frierson won re-election to the Nevada State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Frierson raised a total of $181,149.
|Nevada State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jason Frierson's campaign in 2012|
|Nevada Association Of Realtors||$8,000|
|Nevada State Education Association||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$181,149|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Frierson won election to the Nevada State Assembly in 2010. During that election cycle, Frierson raised a total of $100,861.
|Nevada State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jason Frierson's campaign in 2010|
|Nevada Justice Fund||$5,000|
|Feinberg Grant Mayfield Kaneda & Litt||$4,000|
|Citizens For Justice Trust||$2,750|
|Total Raised in 2010||$100,861|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Nevada Policy Research Institute
The Nevada Policy Research Institute, a Nevada-based conservative-libertarian think tank, releases a "Legislative Report Card" evaluating members of the Nevada State Legislature on "each lawmaker's voting record on legislation impacting the degree of economic freedom and education reform." Bills determined by the Institute to be of greater significance are weighted accordingly. According to the Institute, "a legislator with a score above 50 is considered to be an ally of economic liberty".
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jason + Frierson + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Nevada State Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Twitter feed
- Campaign Facebook page
- LinkedIn page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 filed candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- Clark County, "Candidate filing," accessed April 8, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Nevada Primary Election 2014," accessed June 10, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Frierson, Jason," accessed June 24, 2013
- Nevada Policy Research Institute, "The 2011 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card," accessed May 5, 2014
Barbara Buckley (D)
|Nevada State Assembly District 8
| Succeeded by|