|Leslie J. Heinemann|
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 8|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
Heinemann earned a bachelor's degree from Augustana College and a medical degree from Loyola University. He operates a dental practice in Dell Rapids.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Heinemann served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Local Government|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Heinemann served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Local Government|
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Patrick Heinemann was unopposed in the Democratic primary. David Skoglund (D) withdrew before the primary. Incumbent Leslie Heinemann and Mathew Wollmann were unopposed in the Republican primary. Jeff Nelson filed to run after Skoglund withdrew. L. Heinemann and Wollmann defeated Nelson and P. Heinemann in the general election.
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 8, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Leslie Heinemann Incumbent||29.9%||4,379|
|Source: South Dakota Secretary of State|
Heinemann won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 8. Heinemann ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5 and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Leslie Heinemann is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Leslie Heinemann raised a total of $22,585 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 26, 2013.
|Leslie Heinemann's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 8||$22,585|
|Grand Total Raised||$22,585|
2012Leslie Heinemann won election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Leslie Heinemann raised a total of $22,585.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Leslie Heinemann's campaign in 2012|
|South Dakota Dental Association||$3,050|
|Lake County Republicans||$1,500|
|GOP House Future Pac||$1,000|
|Peter Norbeck Pac||$1,000|
|Daugaard for South Dakota||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$22,585|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 89th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 14 to March 31.
- South Dakota Right to Life: 2013-2014 Pro-life Legislative Ratings
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to the issue of abortions.
In 2013, the 88th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 8 to March 25.
- South Dakota Freedom Coalition: South Dakota Freedom Index 2013
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on the "top ten" issues affecting your freedom.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Leslie + Heinemann + South Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 8
- Official campaign website
- Rep. Heinemann's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions from Follow the Money: 2012
- Dell Rapids Tribune, "Local dentist invites daughter to staff," accessed May 14, 2012
- Madville Times, "Jeff Nelson Fills District 8 House Candidate Vacancy," July 14, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," May 2, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Official Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results - November 4, 2014," accessed November 12, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Heinemann, Leslie," accessed September 26, 2013
- Madison Daily Leader, "Heinemann announces Dist. 8 candidacy," accessed May 14, 2012
Patricia K Stricherz (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 8
| Succeeded by|