For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
New Mexico Library Acquisition and Construction Bonds, Bond Question B (2012)
|Bond Question B|
|Type:||legislatively-referred state statute|
|Referred by:||New Mexico State Legislature|
The measure authorized bonds to make capital expenditures for public library resource acquisitions. The bonds cannot exceed $9,830,000.
- See also: 2012 ballot measure election results
The following are unofficial election results:
|New Mexico Bond Question B (2012)|
Text of the measure
The language that voters saw on the ballot read as follows:
|“||The 2012 Capital Projects General Obligation Bond Act authorizes the issuance and sale of library acquisition and construction bonds. Shall the state be authorized to issue general obligation bonds in an amount not to exceed nine million eight hundred thirty thousand dollars ($9,830,000) to make capital expenditures for academic, public school, tribal and public library resource acquisitions and construction and provide for a general property tax imposition and levy for the payment of principal of, interest on and expenses incurred in connection with the issuance of the bonds and the collection of the tax as permitted by law?
Thomas Branigan Memorial Library administrator Lynette Schurdevin stated that the library would see $244,498.02 that would go toward updating and replacing the computer lab. According to Schurdevin, "The money would go a long ways. It would also include audio books, downloadable e-books, databases for researching."
No opposition has been identified yet.
Path to the ballot
- New Mexico 2012 ballot measures
- 2012 ballot measures
- List of New Mexico ballot measures
- New Mexico Legislature
- List of ballot measures by state
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "The 2012 General Election ballots shall contain the following language," accessed October 3, 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- KFOX TV, "GO bond on Nov. ballot includes funding for public libraries," September 30, 2012 (dead link)