Gabriela Saucedo Mercer
|Gabriela Saucedo Mercer|
|U.S. House, Arizona, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 26, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Cochise College, 1999|
Mercer legally emigrated to the U.S. from Mexico in 1986 and became a U.S. citizen in 1991. She previously worked for a defense electronics firm but stopped to raise her three children.
Mercer's campaign website lists the following issues:
—Gabriela Saucedo Mercer's campaign website, http://saucedomercer.com/issues/
Mercer's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs and the Economic Growth
- Excerpt: "This is one of my top priorities. We must return to the free-market principles that made our economy the envy of the world and provided prosperity for our families. I support lowering tax rates and reducing regulations so individuals and companies can once again expand and create new jobs."
- Energy Security
- Excerpt: "Developing our abundant domestic oil, natural gas, and coal deposits has become an issue of economic security. We can no longer afford to ship billions of dollars overseas to purchase oil from countries that are not always friends to the U.S. Exploring and drilling for energy right here in America would immediately put Americans back to work in good paying jobs and lower our trade deficit"
- Support our Troops and Veterans
- Excerpt: "As the mother of a USMC daughter, the brave men and women in the U.S. Military hold a special place in my heart. I will always support our troops by making sure they have the best equipment and our complete backing while they are fighting to protect freedom."
- Healthcare Reform
- Excerpt: We have great health care but the cost of care and insurance coverage are too high. We need real reforms that increase competition and more customer choice. I support the purchase of insurance across state lines, improving the options for personal health savings accounts, personal tax deductions for the cost of health care premiums, and tort reform to address the hidden cost of defensive medicine.""
- Excerpt: "When elected, I will make it one of my priorities to push for the repeal of Obamacare in the next Congressional session. We do not need Socialized medicine we must end the creation of more bureaucracy and let the free market and consumers decide what type of healthcare they want or need."
Mercer ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Arizona's 3rd District. She defeated Jaime Vasquez in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012. She was defeated by Raul Grijalva (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Arizona District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Raul Grijalva Incumbent||58.4%||98,468|
|Republican||Gabriela Saucedo Mercer||37.1%||62,663|
|Source: Arizona Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|Gabriela Saucedo Mercer (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 9, 2013||$10,008.29||$175.00||$(7,400.29)||$2,783.00|
|July Quarterly||July 12, 2013||$2,783.00||$13,182.00||$(11,310.67)||$4,654.33|
|October Quarterly||October 11, 2013||$4,654.33||$3,634.30||$(6,223.80)||$2,064.83|
|Year-End||January 15, 2014||$2,064||$5,795||$(7,086)||$773|
|April Quarterly||April 11, 2014||$773||$1,951||$(2,880)||$-155|
|U.S. House, Arizona District 3, 2012 - Gabriela Saucedo Mercer Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$908,544|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$930,950|
|Top contributors to Gabriela Saucedo Mercer's campaign committee|
|Dawson Companies Ltd||$5,000|
|Phoenix Law Enforcement Assn||$5,000|
|Senate Majority Fund||$5,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Mercer and her husband, Ted, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gabriela + Saucedo + Mercer + Arizona + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Arizona's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Arizona's 3rd Congressional District
- Campaign website, "About Gabby," accessed June 11, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed June 11, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed August 11, 2012
- The Republic, "GOP's Gabriela Saucedo Mercer to challenge Dem. Rep. Raul Grijalva again in Arizona's CD3," May 14, 2013
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," August 28, 2012
- Associated Press, "Primary results," August 28, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Gabriela Saucedo Mercer April Quarterly," accessed July 28, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Gabriela Saucedo Mercer July Quarterly," accessed July 28, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Gabriela Saucedo Mercer October Quarterly," accessed October 29, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Gabriela Saucedo Mercer Year-End," accessed February 7, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Gabriela Saucedo Mercer April Quarterly," accessed April 30, 2014
- Open Secrets, "Gabriela Saucedo Mercer 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 19, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014