|Illinois House of Representatives District 112|
|Bachelor's||Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville (2003)|
|J.D.||St. Louis University School of Law (2007)|
Suarez is an attorney, practicing criminal defense, family law and civil litigation. She has been a Precinct Committeeman since 2009, is on the Board of Directors of CASA of Southwestern Illinois, and is a member of Southwestern Illinois Democratic Women.
Suarez earned a B.S. in Biological Sciences with a concentration in Genetic Engineering from Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville, and a J.D. from St. Louis University School of Law.
Suarez ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 112. Suarez was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Dwight D. Kay (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 112, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dwight D. Kay Incumbent||50.3%||24,531|
Suarez's campaign website listed the following endorsements:
- The Illinois Federation of Teachers
- The Illinois Education Association
- The American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO COPE)
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Marleen + Suarez + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Bio submitted to Ballotpedia from Marleen Suarez on January 20, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- Marleen Suarez, "Endorsements," accessed October 25, 2012
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |