Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives District 7|
|High school||Proviso West High School (1986)|
Dempsey's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Economic Development
- Excerpt: "I will work with new community businesses to encourage job creation as well as fight for more funding for job training & trade programs that will better assist individuals during the transitioning workforce."
- Veteran Affairs
- Excerpt: "There are thousands of men and women who have fought for our country, but are not getting the respect or relief that they deserve. I will fight for exemptions and after duty care that our veterans deserve and require."
- Excerpt: "Our children are our future and without proper resources, funding, schools, and/or staff, they are unable to get the quality education they deserve."
- Job Corp Training
- Excerpt: "Programs need to be put in place that assist adults in learning specific trades of their choosing in order to obtain proper job training skills. Some trades include: secretarial, electrical, carpentry, & plus many more."
- Fighting Crime
- Excerpt: "I plan to work with municipal police departments to coordinate efforts and crack down on drugs and gang violence in our communities and keep our families safe."
- Monitoring Sex Offenders & Abusers
- Excerpt: "We need to put in place more effective laws and introduce new legislation to protect citizens from sex offenders and abusers through more stern procedures and rules for monitoring activities."
Dempsey ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 7. Dempsey was defeated in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. She faced Beyonca Johnson, Chris Welch and Rory Hoskins. No candidates filed to run in the Republican primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 7 Democratic Primary, 2012|
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Princess Dempsey on Facebook
- Princess Dempsey on Twitter
- Citizens for Princess Dempsey MySpace page
- Princess Dempsey on YouTube
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |