was a 2014 Democratic
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
to represent the 12th Congressional District
of New Jersey
He was defeated by Bonnie Watson Coleman
in the Democratic primary on June 3, 2014.
Zwicker lists the following themes on his campaign website. See Zwicker's website for his position on other issues.
- Jobs and the Economy: "Everyone wants the same thing, a chance to succeed, a chance to work hard, get ahead, make a living wage, provide for ourselves and our families. Our country does not succeed unless all of us have that chance, unless we are treated fairly regardless of how we make our living. As a scientist, I know first hand that our economic growth has historically been driven by investment in research and education. We must invest in job-training programs, invest in our infrastructure, and invest in our schools. I will work tirelessly to repeal the cuts to our budget that are commonly known as "Sequestration," which have slowed our economic growth. Finally, we must make changes to our tax code so that everyone contributes fairly and close corporate loopholes."
- Education: "I work with students every single day. A strong education system gives students the opportunity to succeed and become future innovators and leaders. I know what it takes to make sure that our schools receive strong support and that our students graduate with the skills they need to compete in a global economy. We must work together to improve our public schools, empower and reward good teachers, increase access to pre-school, and invest in math and science education. I will work to make college more affordable, so that everyone, regardless of income, has the opportunity to receive a high quality education."
- Clean Energy and Climate Change: "I am a scientist that has spent the last 20 years working to develop clean, safe, and affordable renewable energy that we can produce right here in NJ. We must invest in developing renewable energy because it is smart economic policy to ensure that we give our children and grandchildren access to clean air, clean water, and clean land. I know that the single biggest threat to our communities and our planet is climate change and we must limit the amount of greenhouse gases that we emit into the atmosphere. One of my first priorities will be to ensure that we protect our environment, our oceans, and our beautiful New Jersey shore. I will work to end the unfair tax breaks currently given to subsidize fossil fuels and use that revenue to invest in 21st century energy sources."
- Immigration Reform: "We are a country of immigrants. To ensure America continues to thrive, we need to reform our immigration system so that those who come here seeking opportunity have the same chances today that our grandparents and great-grandparents had years ago. We must make legal immigration easier, provide a path for undocumented workers to earn their citizenship, and make sure that all people are treated fairly."
—Andrew Zwicker, 
- See also: New Jersey's 12th Congressional District elections, 2014
Zwicker ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent New Jersey's 12th District. Zwicker sought the Democratic nomination in the primary on June 3, 2014, but lost to Bonnie Watson Coleman.
|U.S. House, New Jersey District 12 Democratic Primary, 2014
Bonnie Watson Coleman
| Linda Greenstein
| Upendra Chivukula
| Andrew Zwicker
|Source: 90% reporting, Results via Associated Press Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andrew + Zwicker + New Jersey + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Andrew Zwicker News Feed