|Delaware House of Representatives District 12|
|1995 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||18|
|Minority Whip, Delaware State House of Representatives|
|Per diem||$7,334 annual expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Delaware|
|Birthday||August 16, 1952|
|Place of birth||Salisbury, MD|
Hudson has worked as a teacher at Claymont Middle School and educator at Winterthur Museum. in 1986, she was elected to serve as the New Castle County Prothonotary.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hudson served on the following committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• House Administration|
|• House Rules|
|• Telecommunication Internet & Technology|
|• Veterans Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hudson served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hudson served on these committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Economic Development/Banking/Insurance/Commerce|
|• Gaming & Parimutuels|
|• Housing & Community Affairs|
|• Revenue & Finance|
Hudson's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 9 - "requires all statewide and other candidates that may appear on the general election ballot to disclose (1) whether or not all their State and Federal income tax returns are filed and any tax due has been paid; (2) whether or not any child support payments pursuant to court order are current, and (3) whether or not all their real property taxes have been paid."
- HB 153 - "allows contracting agencies to opt out of the requirement that prevailing wages be paid to mechanics and laborers performing work on public works projects."
- HB 276 - "adds a mandatory $500 penalty to criminal and/or civil charges of injuring, damaging, littering, or applying graffiti to or along a scenic and historical highway or a scenic byway"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Hudson ran in the 2012 election for Delaware House of Representatives District 12. Hudson ran unopposed in the Republican primary on February 11, 2012. David R. Brown, Jr. and Lynne Newlin ran in the Democratic primary. She was unchallenged in the general election on November 6, 2012.
As a result of redistricting, Hudson could have potentially faced a primary with incumbent House Minority Leader Gregory Lavelle. However, Lavelle announced that he will not run for re-election in December 2011.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 12, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Deborah Hudson Incumbent||100%||9,669|
| Delaware House of Representatives, District 12 |
2010 General election results
|Deborah Hudson (R)||6,067||88.8%|
|James Christina (L)||767||11.2%|
On November 4, 2008, Hudson won re-election to the Delaware House of Representatives from Delaware's 12th District. Hudson ran unopposed in the general election, and she received 7,428 votes. Hudson raised $40,899 for her campaign.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Hudson raised $50,056 in contributions. 
No contributions to her campaign were of $1,000 or more.
Below are Hudson's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|DE Hotel & Lodging Assoc||$800|
|DE Contractors Assoc||$600|
|Christopher J Tigani||$600|
|Terry A Strine||$600|
Hudson is a member of the Centerville Civic Association, Delaware Mentor Program Board, Delaware Republican Women's Clubs, Domestic Violence Coordinating Council, Hockessen-Pike Creek Rotary, League of Women Voters and Wilmington Women in Business. 
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Deborah + Hudson + Delaware + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Rep. Hudson official site
- Delaware House of Representatives - Rep. Deborah Hudson
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Freedom Speaks profile (Archived)
- ↑ Delaware State Board of Elections "Candidate List" Accessed July 13, 2012
- ↑ Delaware Online, "Lavelle mulling Senate bid; Hudson staying put," October 14, 2011
- ↑ WHYY, "Delaware House Minority Leader will not seek re-election, evaluates other options," December 8, 2011]
- ↑ State of Delaware - Official Election results
- ↑ Delaware House official election results for 2008
- ↑ District 12 Delaware House candidate funds, 2008
- ↑ 2010 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hudson
|Delaware House District 12
| Succeeded by|