|Alabama State Senate District 13|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Senate Majority Whip|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Livington State University|
|Other||ED, Jacksonville State University|
|Service/branch||Alabama National Guard|
|Years of service||1959-1997|
|Birthday||November 17, 1937|
|Place of birth||Delta, AL|
|Profession||Real Estate Developer|
|(Archived) Personal website|
Dial served on the Lineville City Council from 1972 to 1974. He then served in the Alabama House of Representatives from 1974 to 1982. He then served in the Alabama State Senate.
Dial earned his B.S. from Livington State University. He then received his E.D. from Jacksonville State University. He also attended graduate studies at Auburn University. Dial has worked for Lineville High School as a teacher and coach. He is currently a self-employed real estate developer. Dial also served in the Alabama National Guard as a Brigadier General.
Dial served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Children, Youth Affairs and Human Resources Committee
- Finance and Taxation Education Committee Vice-Chair
- Health Committee
- Local Legislation No. 1 Committee Chair
- Reapportionment Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- Rules Committee
- Transportation Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- Veterans and Military Affairs Committee
Dial's website highlighted the following campaign issues:
- Jobs, Jobs, Jobs & The Economy
- Excerpt: "We cannot continue to sit idly by while both large and small businesses suffer... First, we must stop the bleeding... Second, once the bleeding has stopped, we must work diligently to bring new businesses to our area but not at the expense of those already here."
- Cut Government Waste & Lower Taxes
- Excerpt: "I will oppose increasing taxes and government spending because more taxes means less jobs. I will also look for ways to cut government spending so that you can keep more of your money in your own pocket."
- Support & Improve Education
- Excerpt: "Our tax dollars should be spent directly on student instruction, not on state government bureaucracy or special “pork “ projects. Our state should increase the quality of the education provided to our students by providing incentives to teachers who perform."
- Protecting Life & Our Conservative Values
- Excerpt: "As a state legislator, I will work diligently to protect life, both of the unborn and the disabled in our state. I will also make sure the government stays out of our lives and doesn’t tell us how to raise our families or how to spend our money."
- Advancing Rural Alabama
- Excerpt: "As your state senator, I will work to protect family farms across our state by keeping taxes low on their land and their products. I will also be a tireless advocate to attract new jobs to our area that are ideally suited for rural Alabama."
- Veterans & The Military
- Excerpt: "I will also be an advocate for funding for various programs for our veterans and for the Alabama State Defense Force..."
- Illegal Immigration
- Excerpt: "I support Arizona’s new immigration law and will support similar measures here in Alabama."
- Excerpt: "I am personally opposed to gambling in Alabama, but I support a clean up or down vote of the people to decide this issue once and for all."
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
|Alabama State Senate, District 13 General election (2010)|
|Gerald Dial (R)||18,800|
|Greg Varner (D)||18,443|
In 2010, Dial raised $404,209 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$69,936|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$55,000|
|Alabama Forestry Association||$25,000|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$13,205|
In 2010, Dial's endorsements included the following: 
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Dial and his wife, Faye, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gerald + Dial + Alabama + Senate". Because the results are from a google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator.
- Legislator presents spaceport idea to Black Belt committee - Selma Times-Journal
- Bentley returns donation from school reform group; Donations to re-election ... - Anniston Star
- 12 Alabama lawmakers getting early campaign cash from Poarch Creek Indians - al.com (blog)
- Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley - Anniston Star
- Alabama Supreme Court dismisses lawmakers from Accountability Ac - WSFA ... - WSFA
- Alabama Supreme Court dismisses lawmakers from Accountability Act lawsuit - WAFF
- Pray and give thanks for America's veterans (Opinion from Gerald Dial) - al.com
- Roanoke schools get attention as models for technology use - Randolph Leader
- Former Alabama Gov. Bob Riley helping GOP legislators - Tuscaloosa News (subscription)
- Anniston's Boyd gets $25K boost from AEA; Teachers' group pouring money into ... - Anniston Star
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Gerald Dial's campaign website (Archived)
- Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Gerald Dial on Facebook
- Gerald Dial on Twitter
|Alabama State Senate District 13
| Succeeded by|