|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 114|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Tinkler's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Unless people are confident that their elected officials are free from conflicts of interest and undue influence of special interest money, democracy in government does not work. Every passing week we hear of politicians “indicted for this” or “under investigation” for that. For those serving us in government, ethics should be a high priority."
- Excerpt: "Our economy cannot thrive without recommitting resources to public education. We must find ways to create equitable and stable funding for all school districts in the state. It is completely unacceptable that our education funding per child is 31% less than what is required by law. I will fight to ensure that our children’s education funding is sourced from a secure revenue stream that is immune to the cyclical nature of our nation’s economy."
- Excerpt: "As a Realtor, I understand that fairness in tax policy is important to creating and maintaining healthy communities. The South Carolina Chamber of Commerce and the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce have both proposed tax reforms, which I support."
- Excerpt: "South Carolina once had bridges, highways and roads second to none. We have allowed them to deteriorate over the past decades. Unless we find a viable way to fund the necessary improvements, our valuable infrastructure will continue to crumble. This is detrimental to both the safety of residents and our state economy as a whole. I will support responsible expenditure allocation to maintain and improve this vital infrastructure."
- Excerpt: "Born and raised in the Lowcountry, I cherish the beauty of our district, and I believe it should be both preserved and protected for future generations. I also believe the unique beauty of our state is a significant economic asset. I will work hard to preserve and protect the SC environment from the Upstate to the coast. This includes issues such as responsible planning and growth as well as environmental issues that affect clean air and water. As your Representative, I promise to fight to keep our District, the Lowcountry and our state healthy and beautiful."
Elections for all 124 seats in the South Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 30, 2014. Mary Tinkler was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Bobby Harrell, Jr. was unopposed in the Republican primary. Sue Edward is running as a Green Party candidate. Tinkler, Harrell and Edward will face off in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mary + Tinkler + South + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Mary Tinkler on Facebook
- Mary Tinkler on Twitter
- Mary Tinkler on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- South Carolina State Legislature
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |