For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 68|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Arkansas Tech University|
Evans earned her B.A. in Spanish and journalism from Arkansas Tech University. Her professional experience includes working as a language interpreter for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, massage therapist and for the Administrative Office of the Courts.
Evans' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I want to reduce and ultimately eliminate the tax burden on hard-working, middle class Arkansans. I will present legislation that eliminates the state income tax (income tax kicks in at $30,000/year), and phasing it out over a 2-4 year period."
- Excerpt: "I believe competition in education will create better schools. If this problem is not corrected NOW, corporate America will not have an innovative and skilled job pool with Arkansas and the end result…..THEY WILL TAKE THEIR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!"
Always Available to Arkansans
- Excerpt: "When I am elected as your Representative to the Arkansas House, it’s not just about representing our district. I will have an obligation to all Arkansans to represent the people’s will concerning the above issues as well as any future issues that face Arkansas in unstable time."
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Tachany Evans was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Trevor Drown defeated Zachary T. Sellers and Ingram Philips in the Republican primary. Drown defeated Evans in the general election.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 68 General Election, 2014|
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 68 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Zachary T. Sellers||9.6%||352|
Evans was endorsed by the following:
Evans and her husband, Antonio Handie, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tachany + Evans + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas State Senate elections, 2014
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- Arkansas House of Representatives District 68
- tachanyevans.com, "Meet Tachany," accessed April 9, 2014 (dead link)
- tachanyevans.com, "Official Campaign Website," accessed April 9, 2014 (dead link)
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed March 5, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 26, 2014
- TachanyEvans.com, "Home," accessed October 3, 2014
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|