|North Carolina State Senate District 46|
|2009 - January 10, 2012|
|January 1, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Birthday||August 29, 1959|
|Place of birth||Shelby, North Carolina|
Clary also served in the North Carolina House of Representatives from 1994 to 2008.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Clary served on these committees:
- Health Care
- Insurance Committee
- Judiciary II
- Program Evaluation
- Redistricting Committee
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Clary served on these committees:
- Appropriations/Base Budget Committee, North Carolina State Senate
- Commerce Committee, North Carolina State Senate
- Health Care Committee, North Carolina State Senate
- Judiciary I Committee, North Carolina State Senate
- Rules and Operations of the Senate Committee, North Carolina State Senate
|North Carolina Senate, General Election Results, District 46 (2010)|
|Debbie Clary (R)||32,007||100%|
Clary also was unopposed in the primary election on May 4, 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Clary was elected to the 46th District Seat in the North Carolina State Senate, besting Keith H. Melton (R). Clary raised $253,850 for her campaign, while Melton raised $726,325.
|North Carolina Senate, District 46 (2008)|
|Debbie Clary (D)||36,059|
|Keith H. Melton (R)||35,338|
In 2010, Clary collected $77,983 in donations.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Debbie Clary's campaign in 2010|
|North Carolina Medical Society||$6,000|
|Bank Of America||$5,000|
|Gaston Anesthesia Associates||$4,000|
|Cmte To Elect Republican Women||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$77,983|
In 2008, Clary collected $253,850 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|North Carolina Republican Party||$29,740|
|CMTE to Elect Republican Women||$8,000|
|Association for Home & Hospice Care of North Carolina||$8,000|
|Gaston Anesthesia Associates||$8,000|
|North Carolina Association of Realtors||$8,000|
Clary attended Gardner Webb University from 1977 to 1980.
Clary was President of WADA, Incorporated, from 1986 to 1999. She was then President of Millennium Marketing Group, Incorporated, from 1999 to 2004. She is currently a Broadcaster and works in Marketing and Public Relations.
Clary is single.
- Senator Clary's site
- Official North Carolina State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Senator Clary's LinkedIn
- Senator Clary State Surge
- Senator Clary's facebook
- Gaston Gazette, "Several vying for state Senate seat," January 3, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2010 General Election Results," accessed August 14, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2010 Primary Election Results," accessed August 14, 2014
- 2008 election results, North Carolina Senate
- Follow the Money, "North Carolina Senate spending, 2008," accessed August 14, 2014
- 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions
|North Carolina State Senate District 46
| Succeeded by|