|Virginia House of Delegates District 25|
|1996 - Present|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||18|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|High school||Buffalo Gap High School|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Commonwealth University|
|Place of birth||Staunton, VA|
|Profession||Community Relations Coordinator|
Landes earned his B.S. in mass communication and journalism from the Virginia Commonwealth University in 1983.
Landes works as the Vice President of Market Development for Blue Ridge Bank. He recently worked as the Community Relations Coordinator for DuPont Community Credit Union. He is a member of the Public Relations Council of the Shenandoah Valley, Virginia Public Buildings Board, and is the Vice Chairman on the Board of Trustees for the Center for Rural Virginia. He has previously worked as a legislative assistant to former delegate A.R. "Pete" Giesen, Jr. as well as director and district representative to congressman Bob Goodlatte.
In the 2012-2013 session, Landes served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Landes served on the following committees:
- Education, Vice Chair
- Students and Day Care Subcommittee
- Higher Education and Arts Subcommittee
- Health and Human Resources Subcommittee
- Public Safety Subcommittee
- Technology Oversight and Government Activities Subcommittee
- Economic Development Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, Chair
- Studies Subcommittee, Chair
- Ethics (Special) Subcommittee
- Privileges and Elections
- Campaign Finance Subcommittee
- HB 1631 Interstate Public-Private Partnership Compact; repealing establishment thereof.
- HB 2349 Richmond Metropolitan Authority; created.
- HB 2355 Local government; publication of notices for charter changes, referenda, and public hearings, etc;
Landes' answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. When asked his top priorities he stated:
- 1. Reform of health care, so its costs are contained, and access improved.
- 2. Continue to allow for economic growth in Virginia, especially rural areas.
- 3. Continue to improve education and reform in Virginia, but reduce NCLB burdon in Virginia.
Landes won re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 25. Landes ran unopposed in the June 11th Republican Primary. He was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
In 2009, Landes was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Greg Marrow in the General Election.
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 25 (2009)|
|Steve Landes (R)||16,669|
|Greg Marrow (D)||6,093|
In 2011, Landes received $155,709 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Landes's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Healthcare Association||$8,000|
|NVTC Tech PAC||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$155,709|
The top five donors to Landes' 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Healthcare Assoc||$4,000|
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$3,000|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$2,500|
|Virginia Cable Telecommunications Assoc||$2,000|
Landes and his wife, Angela, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Steve + Landes + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delegate Steve Landes official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Landes
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Candidate Facebook page
- Landes on LinkedIn
- BearingDrift, "Del. Steve Landes announces re-election," May 18, 2011
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Landes
- Steve Landes, "Biography," accessed August 29, 2013
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Landes Issue Positions
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 25
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |