|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fifth Essex|
|2009 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Ferrante's professional experience includes working as an attorney with a practice in Rockport and Gloucester. She previously worked in Congressman Joe Kennedy's office, was a legislative aide to State Sen. Bruce Tarr, and served as the Executive Director of the Massachusetts Fisheries Recovery Commission.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ferrante served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic Development and Emerging Technologies Joint, Vice-chair|
|• Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Joint|
|• State Administration and Regulatory Oversight Joint|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ferrante served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Economic Development and Emerging Technologies Joint|
|• Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Joint, Vice-chair|
|• Ways and Means|
|• Ways and Means Joint|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Ann-Margaret Ferrante is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Michael Boucher faces Robert Whynott in the Republican primary.
Ferrante won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Fifth Essex District. Ferrante was unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Fifth Essex District (2010)|
|Ann-Margaret Ferrante (D)||10,602|
|Janet Holmes (R)||5,670|
On November 4, 2008, Ferrante won the Massachusetts House of Representatives election for the Fifth Essex district. In this election she raised $76,158; of that total $73,133 (96.0%) was from in state contributions and $3,025 (4.0%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives - Fifth Essex district|
|Ann-Margaret Ferrante (D)||16,430|
Comprehensive donor information for Ferrante is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Ferrante raised a total of $187,095 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 14, 2013.
|Ann-Margaret Ferrante's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Massachusetts House, Fifth Essex||$54,675|
|2010||Massachusetts House, Fifth Essex||$56,262|
|2008||Massachusetts House, Fifth Essex||$76,158|
|Grand Total Raised||$187,095|
2012Ferrante won re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Ferrante raised a total of $54,675.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ann-Margaret Ferrante's campaign in 2012|
|Lee, Barbara F.||$1,000|
|Harrison, David E.||$600|
|Total Raised in 2012||$54,675|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Ferrante received $56,262 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ann-Margaret Ferrante's campaign in 2010|
|Ansara, James S||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$56,262|
Ferrante raised $76,158 in the 2008 election cycle.
Her major contributors are listed below.
|Mary Jo Montagnino||$1,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
- Associated Industries of Massachusetts: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization of employers.
- Mass Audubon: 2011-2012 Report Card
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
- Massachusetts Public Interest Research Group 2011-2012 Public Interest Research Group
- Legislators are scored on votes on issues including health care costs, consumer protection, recycling, transportation and democracy.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Ann-Margaret + Ferrante + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Ann-Margaret Ferrante's campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008
- Ann-Margaret Ferrante on Facebook
- Imagine Election - Rep. Ferrante profile
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed March 18, 2014
- Follow the Money 2008
- Follow the Money, "Ferrante, Ann-Margaret," accessed December 14, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Essex 5
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |