For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 61|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Karner attended the College of Lake County taking courses in supervision for project management, leadership skills and time management. He also attended Purdue University focusing on courses related to the plumbing industry.
Professionally, Karner has worked in the plumbing industry since 1991. He is currently a project manager.
Karner listed the following themes on his campaign Facebook page:
- Corporate tax breaks
- Excerpt: "Karner also feels it is unacceptable for corporations to take state tax breaks and then move jobs out of Illinois. He will fight for stronger laws that require businesses that move jobs out of state to refund the breaks they received."
- Legislator pay cut
- Excerpt: "He will block lawmakers from getting pay raises and pass a law making it more difficult for legislators to raise their own salaries by requiring voters to approve any salary increase for politicians."
- Property taxes
- Excerpt: "Karner will work to hold the line on property taxes by supporting legislation to cap outrageous property tax increases that we’ve been hit with in our area."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Loren Karner was set to face Al Rogers in the Democratic primary, but Rogers withdrew from the race on December 19, 2013, leaving Karner unopposed. Incumbent Sheri Jesiel ran unopposed in the Republican primary and was appointed to fill the seat of JoAnn D. Osmond (R) on July 3. Jesiel then defeated Karner in the general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives District 61, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Sheri Jesiel Incumbent||58%||17,706|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Loren + Karner + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on September 28, 2014
- Facebook, "Loren Karner for State Representative, About," accessed September 28, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- The Chicago Tribune, "Results List (Unofficial)," accessed November 5, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |