Mark J. Berg
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 29|
|January 8, 2014|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||Biology, Allegheny College|
|M.D.||State University of New York Upstate Medical University|
Berg received a B.S. in Biology from Allegheny College in 1980 and an M.D. from State University of New York Upstate Medical University in 1984. His professional experiences include two decades as an ER doctor and ownership of a family practice in Winchester, Virginia.
Berg's campaign website listed the following issues:
"This law will massively increase health care costs of any state that implements it. We must push back against the implementation of Obamacare in Virginia."
"According to an analysis by Heritage.org, Medicaid expansion in Virginia would cost $902 million through 2022. It would put up to 400,000 additional people on Medicaid. Many of these new Medicaid participants will receive lower quality care under Medicaid."
- Taxes and Spending
"Legislators must first consider whether any proposed spending is truly within the government's authority and responsibility. The argument that spending on government programs provides a benefit for some segment of society does not, by itself, justify the confiscation of money from the taxpayers to pay for those programs."
- Gun Control
"It is every American's right to arm themselves. This is not a suggestion, or simply a tradition for responsible citizens, but a Constitutional right that should not be in question for any reason."
"I will oppose any legislation that takes away the rights of the unborn – each one a unique human being from conception – to be born, and I am committed to carrying legislation that increases protection for the lives of those unable to speak up for themselves."
Berg won election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 29. Berg defeated incumbent Beverly Sherwood in the June 11 Republican primary. He defeated Larry Lamar Yates (I) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 29 General Election, 2013|
|Republican||Mark J. Berg||65%||12,722|
|Independent||Larry Lamar Yates||34.2%||6,699|
|Virginia House of Delegates District 29 Republican Primary, 2013|
|Beverly Sherwood Incumbent||48.7%||1,492|
Berg is a member of the Experimental Aviation Association (EAA) and plays violin for the Symphony of the Valley.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Berg + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Evans (Unc) Harrison 1934 ~ 20 - Daily Herald
- Obama's Job Approval Points to 2014 Trouble for Democrats - RealClearPolitics
- Carol Evans - Daily Herald
- Star Shots | Best photos from Saturday Jan. 18. - Kansas City Star
- Story of W.Va. Navy SEAL's fatal mission now a movie - Beckley Register-Herald
- Virginia: 2014 General Assembly Session Convened - AmmoLand.com (press release)
- Revenge Scoop: Cast, Producer Spill on New Love, Open Fighting & More - TV Fanatic
- Woodrow Wilson birthday celebrated with tours, open house - Richmond Times Dispatch
- Review: 'Wilson' biography brings important president to life - Charleston Post Courier
- The 2013 Theater Awards: Or, a Tribute to Many Things that Definitely Didn't ... - Cleveland Scene Weekly
- Del. Berg's website
- Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Facebook page
- Twitter page
- LinkedIn page
Beverly Sherwood (R)
|Virginia House of Delegates District 29
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |