Fatimah "Timah" Macklin
|Former candidate for|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 34|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois-Chicago|
|Master's||Chicago State University, 2007, Keller Graduate School of Management, 2010|
Macklin earned her B.S. in Biology from the University of Illinois-Chicago in 2001, her M.S. in Biology from Chicago State University in 2007 and her M.B.A. from Keller Graduate School of Management in 2010.
In an article by a local Chicago news station, Macklin said that she is running because her .".. neighborhood needs a decrease in crime, and an increase in jobs."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Elgie R. Sims, Jr. was set to face Richard A. Wooten in the Democratic primary, but Wooten withdrew from the race on December 27, 2013, leaving Sims unopposed. Mark Ekhoff defeated Fatimah "Timah" Macklin in the Republican primary. Sims and Ekhoff will face off in the general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 34 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Fatimah "Timah" Macklin||21%||691|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Fatimah + Macklin + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Facebook.com, "About Fatimah Macklin," accessed February 14, 2014
- chicago.cbslocal.com, "Chicago GOP — Yes, There Is One — Backing 18 Legislative Candidates," accessed February 14, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |