|Former candidate for|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 34|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||General maintenance manager|
Ekhoff's professional experience includes working as the electrical and general maintenance manager at Olivet Nazarene University for the past 12 years.
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Elgie R. Sims, Jr. was set to face Richard A. Wooten in the Democratic primary, but Wooten withdrew from the race on December 27, 2013, leaving Sims unopposed. Mark Ekhoff defeated Fatimah "Timah" Macklin in the Republican primary. Sims then defeated Ekhoff in the general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives District 34, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Elgie R. Sims, Jr. Incumbent||74.8%||26,098|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 34 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Fatimah "Timah" Macklin||21%||691|
Ekhoff has served as a board member and president of Habitat for Humanity of Kankakee County, on the executive board of Kankakee's free People's Clinic for the uninsured, president of St. Peter's United Church of Christ and as a Sunday school teacher for the past 24 years. Also in 2011, Ekhoff was awarded with the Outstanding Volunteer of the Year Award of Kankakee County.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Ekhoff + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- www.daily-journal.com, "Mark Ekhoff to run for Illinois House," accessed February 14, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- The Chicago Tribune, "Results List (Unofficial)," accessed November 5, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |