|Running for Hawaii State Senate|
|Date of primary||August 9, 2014|
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 47|
| November 6, 2012-Present|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position ||2|
|Per diem||$175/day off Oahu; $10/day on Oahu|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Chair and Member, Koolauloa Neighborhood Board|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University-Hawaii|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Place of birth||Provo, UT|
|Profession||Combat Engineer and Paralegal|
is a Republican
member of the Hawaii House of Representatives
, representing District 47
. He was first elected to the chamber in 2012. Fale has served as State House Minority Whip
Fale is a 2014 Republican candidate for District 23 of the Hawaii State Senate.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fale served on the following committees:
Fale's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The biggest struggle our community faces is dealing with the rising cost of living in Hawaii. As your Representative, I will work to expand the economic opportunities of Hawaii’s residents so that more families can afford to stay here in Hawaii and in our community and invest in our island State."
- Excerpt:"I am profoundly motivated to help build a positive legacy for future generations that will endow them with a sense of pride, ownership and respect for our communities."
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Hawaii State Senate will consist of a primary election on August 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Gil Riviere is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Norman Kaaipohaku J. Brown, Richard Lee Fale and Colleen Meyer will face off in the Republican primary.
- See also: Hawaii House of Representatives elections, 2012
Fale won election in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 47. Fale defeated incumbent Gil Riviere (R) in the August 11 Republican primary and defeated D. Ululani Beirne (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 47, General Election, 2012
|| D. Ululani Beirne
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 47 Republican Primary, 2012
| Gil Riviere Incumbent
- See also: Hawaii House of Representatives elections, 2010
Fale had no opposition in the September 18 primary. He lost to Jessica Wooley (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
Comprehensive donor information for Fale is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Fale raised a total of $89,369 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 27, 2013.
Fale won election to the Hawaii House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Fale raised a total of $40,059
|Hawaii House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Richard Fale's campaign in 2012|
|Mcmillan, Mary L||$2,000|
|Hawaii Operating Engineers||$2,000|
|Operating Engineers Local 3||$2,000|
|Bruce E Tabb||$2,000|
|Friends of Lynn Finnegan||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$40,059|
|Source:Follow the Money
Fale lost the election for the Hawaii House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Fale raised a total of $47,760
|Hawaii House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Richard Fale's campaign in 2010|
|Mcmillan, Mary Lois||$2,500|
|Linda Lingle Campaign Cmte||$2,000|
|Friends of Charles Djou||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$47,760|
|Source:Follow the Money
Fale lost the election for the Hawaii State Senate in 2008. During that election cycle, Fale raised a total of $1,550
|Hawaii State Senate 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Richard Fale's campaign in 2008|
|Total Raised in 2008||$1,550|
|Source:Follow the Money
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Richard + Fale + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Richard Fale News Feed
- ↑ Richard Fale, "Issues," accessed October 5, 2012
- ↑ Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 6, 2014
- ↑ civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- ↑ Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- ↑ Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- ↑ Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed December 13, 2013
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Fale, Richard," accessed June 27, 2013
| Political offices
Jessica Wooley (D)
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 47
| Succeeded by|