|Vermont House Of Representatives, Rutland 5-3|
|2011 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Russell is currently a pharmaceutical technician at Walgreens. He previously worked in telemarketing, guest services, and customer service, but spent the bulk of his career as a flight attendant for American Airlines. He attended the University of Kentucky at Lexington and the State University of New York. Russell is a board member of the Vermont Rail Action Network and the Rutland Representative for the Petition to Save the Ethan Allen.
On his website, Russell promises to "work toward a thriving downtown and jobs for our community."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Russell served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Russell served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Economic Development|
Russell won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Rutland 5-3. Russell was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and defeated John Mattison, Jr. (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Rutland 5-3 District, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Herb Russell Incumbent||65.9%||757|
|Republican||John Mattison, Jr.||34.1%||392|
Herb Russell ran for the Vermont House of Representatives Rutland 5-3 in 2010. He ran against Daniel White in the Democratic primary on August 24, 2010. He was opposed by Carl Haas (R) in the November 2, 2010 general election. According to unofficial results Russell won one of the two seats in the district, but as of November 15 a recount is pending.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Rutland 5-3 General Election (2010)|
|Herb Russell (D)||454|
|Carl Haas (R)||437|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, when Russell first won election to the House, he collected $1,670 in donations.
His contributors in 2010 were:
|Democratic Unitemized Contributions||$1,420|
|Andrea Berest and Triana Font||$250|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Herb + Russell + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Biographies of Vermont State Representatives and Senators
- ↑ Herb Russell for House, home page, retrieved October 27, 2012.
- ↑ Vermonet Secretary of State - Official Primary Results
- ↑ Vermont Secretary of State - Official primary candidate list
- ↑ Vermont Elections Division - 2010 Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money, Candidate summary, Retrieved July 4, 2011
- ↑ Vermont Secretary of State, "Biographical Sketches of State Officers and Members of the General Assembly of 2011-2012," retrieved September 22, 2012.
- ↑ Facebook, Russell's profile, retrieved September 22, 2012.