|North Carolina House of Representatives District 32|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||North Carolina Central University School of Law|
Baskerville received a B.A. in Business Administration from Morehouse College and his J.D. from North Carolina Central University School of Law. His professional experience includes working as a practicing attorney and a former assistant district attorney.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Baskerville served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services|
Baskerville's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We must create an economic climate that provides incentives to hire more employees and expand operations through tax breaks linked directly to each additional hire."
- "Our public education system is the foundation for our future and we MUST make the necessary investments."
- "Fund our early-education programs that gives our youth a jump start towards achievement."
- "Reward teachers and administrators when they improve student achievement."
- Excerpt: "Capping the gas tax rate (as has been suggested by some in the General Assembly) without replacing the lost revenue, would likely cause costly delays in many of these critical transportation projects in the years ahead."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Nathan Baskerville was unopposed in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Baskerville ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 32. He defeated James Crawford, III in the Democratic primary runoff on July 17. He defeated Scott Bynum in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 32, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Baskerville is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Baskerville raised a total of $69,667 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 29, 2013.
|Nathan Baskerville's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 32||$69,667|
|Grand Total Raised||$69,667|
2012Baskerville won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Baskerville raised a total of $69,667.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nathan Baskerville's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Advocates for Justice||$9,000|
|Baskerville, Nathan Angus||$5,140|
|Butterfield for Congress||$2,675|
|Total Raised in 2012||$69,667|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Baskerville currently resides in Henderson, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Nathan + Baskerville + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- nathanbaskerville.com - Issues
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Baskerville, Nathan," accessed August 29, 2013
James Crawford, Jr. (D)
|North Carolina House - District 32
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |