For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 68|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||Owner/Manager Rental Property|
Blackwood received his Bachelor of Arts in History from the University of Georgia in 1965. He earned his Master's degree in Educational Administration from Ohio University in 1967. He was granted an Education Doctorate in Curriculum and Administration from the University of Georgia in 1972. He was a principal and teacher from 1965 to 1983, and has been a current small business owner since 1980. He and his wife, Audrey, have two children, Ken and Emily.
On February 4, 2009, John Blust, Curtis Blackwood, William A. Current, Sr., Timothy K. Moore and Edgar V. Starnes introduced North Carolina House Bill 47 (2009), which would establish ballot initiatives in that state. Under HB 47, initiatives would need the signatures of 20 percent of those who voted in the last gubernatorial election.
If the bill passes, the voters would vote in November 2010 on whether they want the initiative.
- Commerce, Small Business, and Entrepreneurship Committee, North Carolina House
- Education Committee, North Carolina House
- Subcommittee on Pre-School, Elementary and Secondary Education
- Environment and Natural Resources Committee, North Carolina House
- Finance Committee, North Carolina House
- Mental Health Reform Committee, North Carolina House
- Transportation Committee, North Carolina House
Blackwood did not run for re-election to the 68th District seat in 2010.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 68|
|Curtis Blackwood (R)||38,071|
|C. Michael Cognac (D)||20,767|
In 2008, Blackwood collected $48,359 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|BLACKWOOD JR, J CURTIS||$10,000|
|LUDDY, ROBERT L||$4,000|
|GROVES, J RANDALL||$2,000|
|NORTH CAROLINA ASSOCIATION OF RURAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVES||$1,800|
|NORTH CAROLINA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS||$1,500|
- Biography of Curtis Blackwood
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Ballot Access News, "Bill to Establish Initiative in North Carolina," February 9, 2009
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2008 General Election Results," accessed August 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 30, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 18, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |