Gregg D. Fritchle
|California State Assembly, District 55|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern California|
|Master's||California State University, Los Angeles|
Fritchle earned his B.S. from the University of Southern California and his M.A. in Psychology from California State University, Los Angeles.
Fritchle's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Denying gay and lesbian couples the ability to legally marry is a direct violation of the Fourteenth Amendment."
- Excerpt: "Because water is essential for everyone's survival, we have to look at water access as a right of every Californian."
- Excerpt: "Our State budget remains balanced on the backs of the middle class and working class."
- Excerpt: "Traffic is the biggest issue facing residents and businesses in the 55th District."
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Gregg D. Fritchle (D) and Ling-Ling Chang (R) defeated Phillip Chen (R) and Steve Tye (R) in the blanket primary. Fritchle will face Chang in the general election.
Fritchle ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 55. He and incumbent Curt Hagman (R) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012. He was subsequently defeated in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 55, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Curt Hagman Incumbent||59.7%||97,330|
|Democratic||Gregg D. Fritchle||40.3%||65,652|
In 2014, Fritchle's endorsements include the following:
- United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1428
- Connie M Leyva, Candidate for California State Senate, 20th District
- Democratic Party of Orange County
- Evolve (a grassroots political reform organization)
In 2012, Fritchle's endorsements included the following:
- Democracy for America - Orange County
- League of Humane Voters
- Democratic Party of Orange County
- Los Angeles County Democratic Party
- San Bernardino County Democratic Party
- Democrats of North Orange County
- Service Employees International Union, Local 1000
- California Democratic Council
- Service Employees International Union, California State Council
- Service Employees International Union, Local 721, CtW
- California Democratic Party
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gregg + Fritchle + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Assembly
- California State Assembly elections, 2014
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly District 55
- Official campaign website
- Facebook page
- Twitter account
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of candidates certified for the June 8, 2010 primary in California
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography" accessed October 10, 2012
- democracy.com, "Issues," accessed May 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed March 13, 2014
- democracy.com, "Endorsements," accessed May 13, 2014
- Gregg Fritchle, "Endorsements," accessed October 10, 2012