|Michigan House of Representatives, District 60|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Hoadley's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Education for Today and Tomorrow
- Excerpt: "I know we can find common-sense solutions to making sure our teachers feel prepared and effective. I hope to bring these experiences to the table with experts and practitioners working on the challenge of recruiting our next generation of educators."
An Economy That Works For Everyone
- Excerpt: "We must end the attacks on working families, taxes on seniors and their pensions, and tax breaks to corporations who don't create jobs in Michigan. Let's raise the minimum wage and support startup companies and small businesses, the backbone of our economy."
Building A Welcoming Michigan
- Excerpt: "The economist Richard Florida talks about the Creative Class, a group of people who are the leaders of the next generation of talented workers. He identified three specific things that the Creative Class is attracted to, and called them the 3 Ts: Talent, Tolerance, and Technology. Michigan is lacking in the Tolerance department."
Protecting Our Clean Environment
- Excerpt: "Michigan's budget priorities are off balance with our needs, and we need to bring our budget back in line so we can make smart, sensible decisions. This includes ensuring that we are protecting the environment and our Great Lakes."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Jon Hoadley defeated David Buskirk and Pamela Brown Goodacre in the Democratic primary. Mike Perrin was unopposed in the Republican primary. Hoadley defeated Perrin in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 60 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Pamela Brown Goodacre||13.6%||753|
In 2014, Hoadley's endorsements included the following:
- Alex and Andrea Enyedi
- Amy Hunter
- Ingham County Clerk Barb Byrum
- Dr. Charles Warfield
- Cherie Seitz
- Chris and Erin Praedel
- Chris and Lucy Dilley
- Christine Babcock
- D. Terry and Sharon Williams
- State Representative David Knezek
- Derrick Jones
- Kalamazoo City Commissioner Don Cooney
- Oshtemo Township Trustee Dusty Farmer
- Emily Dievevdorf
- Gwen Lanier
- Hether Frayer
- Janice Brown
- Dr. Jeffrey Angles
- State Representative Jeff Irwin
- Jillian Green
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jon + Hoadley + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 60
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Jon Hoadley on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- jonhoadley.com, "On The Issues," accessed July 30, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- jonhoadley.com, "Endorsements," accessed July 30, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |