United States House of Representatives elections in Connecticut, 2014
August 12, 2014
|Candidate Filing Deadline||Primary Election||General Election|
Primary: Connecticut is 1 of 22 states with a mixed primary system. Though parties decide who may vote in their primary election, the primary is considered closed as neither the Democratic Party nor the Republican Party allows any voter but those registered with their party to vote.
Voter registration: To register to vote in the primary, voters can register either by noon on August 11, 2014, or on election day at designated Election Day Registration locations. For the general election, the voter registration deadline is October 28, 2014 (must be postmarked or received by a voter registration agency by the 14th day before an election). However, voters can also register in person with the relevant Registrar of Voters by the 7th day before the election.
- See also: Connecticut elections, 2014
Heading into the November 4 election, the Democratic Party holds all five congressional seats from Connecticut.
|Members of the U.S. House from Connecticut -- Partisan Breakdown|
|Party||As of April 2014||After the 2014 Election|
Heading into the 2014 election, the incumbents for the five congressional districts are:
|Candidate Ballot Access|
|Find detailed information on ballot access requirements in all 50 states and Washington D.C.|
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Joe Courtney - Incumbent
- Jim Himes: Incumbent
- John Shaban: State representative
- Dan Debicella: Former state senator
- Carlton Milo Higble, IV
- Elizabeth Esty - Incumbent
- Mark Greenberg - 2010 and 2012 Republican primary candidate for U.S. House, Connecticut, District 5
- Sal Lilienthal
- John Pistone
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 2, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State Website, "Register to Vote," accessed January 3, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State Website, "Election Day Registration," accessed January 3, 2014
- Matthew McKinnon Corey for Congress, "Home," accessed August 18, 2013
- News Times, "Shaban to seek GOP 4th CD nomination," accessed September 16, 2013
- News Times, "Debicella announces 4th District challenge," accessed September 16, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Carlton Milo Hible IV 2014 Summary reports," accessed December 9, 2013
- Hartford Courant, "Greenberg Says He'll Make A Third Run In 5th District In 2014," March 21, 2013
- The Courant, "Congressional Races Muted At Best, Even In The Fightin' 5th," accessed August 18, 2013
- Roll Call "Democrats to dominant Connecticut in near future" accessed April 16, 2013